cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix g15 2022 - Mux switch option is missing now from Armoury Create

CRJ84
Level 9
Hello all

I had some perforamance issues and then I noticed that my integrated graphics was not turned off today.
And I looked in Armoury Create and the GPU mode was at Ultimate, but the MUX switch icon was gone.

I tried switching modes and restarting but nothing works, the integrated graphics is not being disabled.
I installed bios 320 some time ago, it might have broken it.

Anyone else having issues with the MUX switch?
10 REPLIES 10

CRJ84
Level 9
So basicly the MUX seems to not be working anymore, is what I am saying.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Please refer to the article below, but the setting has been changed/updated in Armoury Crate , so Ultimate is basically the same thing as discrete graphics now.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/rog-gaming-laptops/maximize-your-rog-laptops-performance-with-a-mux-sw...

CRJ84
Level 9
Thank you for answering 🙂

The problem is that it is not disabling the integrated graphics, it should do that when I enable Ultimate GPU mode, as I wrote above.
Or are you saying that my laptop now has Advanced Optimus through a software update? Because it did not when i first got it 2 months ago.

For the MUX switch to work it has to disable the integrated graphics, and it does not do that anymore.
thanks.

cl-Albert
Do you mean the integrated CPU graphics still appears in device manager when using Ultimate mode, or are you able to confirm the integrated graphics is not disabled in other ways, and how?
I'm at the U.S. office and haven't talked about it more with HQ if we want to check with more people about it, but expect the Utlimate setting should provide the best graphics performance anyway.

CRJ84
Level 9
Yes the integrated graphics still appear in the device manager, and in World of Warcraft I can also still switch between the integrated graphics and the dedicated graphics card, both are usable. This is in the Ultimate GPU mode.
I have tried almost everything now, reinstalling AC several times, AMD drivers and Nvidia drivers, nothing seems to work.
Also tried to roll back the bios to 317 from 320.

So it looks like the MUX switch is not working anymore, since it does not disable the integrated graphics anymore.
One of the reasons I got this laptop was because of the MUX switch.

Thank you for investigating.

CRJ84
Level 9
Also Nvidia Contol panel -> System Information -> Advanced Optimus = No
So this means to run your screen throuhgh the deticated graphics card the integrated graphics card has to be disabled.
This was possible when i first got the laptop, and it is not possible anymore, not sure what happened.

I was also able to find the resizable bar enabled before, this is also gone now.

So I am almost 100% sure the MUX switch is broken at the moment.

cl-Albert
CRJ84 wrote:
Also Nvidia Contol panel -> System Information -> Advanced Optimus = No
So this means to run your screen throuhgh the deticated graphics card the integrated graphics card has to be disabled.
This was possible when i first got the laptop, and it is not possible anymore, not sure what happened.

I was also able to find the resizable bar enabled before, this is also gone now.

So I am almost 100% sure the MUX switch is broken at the moment.

if resizable bar is what you care about, you may want to work with your local ASUS support to see if they can help although you may want to check or try different vga driver versions to see if that makes any difference.

If vga performance is still better under Ultimate mode compared to other modes, that sounds normal, but if resizable bar isn't working, that doesn't sound right.

Was checking the GA503RM and noticed the Nvidia control panel system information mentioned resizable bar was enabled even when running on Standard GPU mode, so doesn't sound like the MUX switch setting will make as much difference for that although you may want to avoid Eco Mode and Optimized mode while on battery.

CRJ84
Level 9
However in the devive manager i can disable the integrated graphics card, and the computer still works, so thtat is strange.

CRJ84
Level 9
Still it would be nice to know what is going on with the MUX switch 🙂 will try to contanct asus support then for answers.
Thank you.