cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD upgrade for a GL702VS

tdeneve
Level 7
Hey everyone, i just wanted to know if anyone upgraded their 702VS with some SSD?
based on the owner's manual and the ad on ASUS product web page, we are supposed to be able to put a NVMe PCIe SSD.
However, i just talked to customer services to confirm and they told me it was not supported by the computer so i am a bit confused......
8 REPLIES 8

FastM
Level 8
Currently running a Samsung EVO 960 512 in my 702VS

all good.

That's what i would like to get in 250Go for my OS i think i will try to call tomorrow and see what they say, it is so weird that that guy insisted on PCIe not being possible on this model

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
tdeneve wrote:
That's what i would like to get in 250Go for my OS i think i will try to call tomorrow and see what they say, it is so weird that that guy insisted on PCIe not being possible on this model

Noticed the ASUS GL702VS specs page doesn't even appear to mention M.2 SSD support and the SATA3 SSD information may really be referring to 2.5 inch drives.

Anyway, if you talk to ASUS support again, you may want to mention the ASUS GL702VS overview page does mention PCIe M.2 SSD support which doesn't quite agree with the specs page, so something they probably want to look into more and get corrected, but looking into this more on my end too if you just prefer to wait. Thanks.

I actually sent a copy of page 85 from the owner's manual with the reference to the two available slot. And the guy took me forever to reply without seeming sure. I will keep you posted when i get more 😉

cl-Albert wrote:
Noticed the ASUS GL702VS specs page doesn't even appear to mention M.2 SSD support and the SATA3 SSD information may really be referring to 2.5 inch drives.

Anyway, if you talk to ASUS support again, you may want to mention the ASUS GL702VS overview page does mention PCIe M.2 SSD support which doesn't quite agree with the specs page, so something they probably want to look into more and get corrected, but looking into this more on my end too if you just prefer to wait. Thanks.

Why wait? I just said I installed an evo 960 and it runs great.

True hahaha sorry mate 😄
by the way did you transfer your OS on it?

tdeneve wrote:
True hahaha sorry mate 😄
by the way did you transfer your OS on it?

I did, I used aomei backupper on a bootable usb and copied the image to the secondary 1TB harddrive, then restored to the newly installed EVO

That's the part i really need to learn more about, i never did it before nad i want to make sure i don't mess up the whole process