cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] After you uninstall Intel XTU, ROG Gaming Center won't work anymore

hexaae
Level 12
The problem
When you uninstall Intel XTU, it will remove also XTU3SERVICE and ROG Gaming Center's fan/overclock control + CPU/GPU MHz counters won't work anymore. Trying to reinstall ROG Gaming Center from "C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Win32App\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center" won't fix it.

Solution
after you uninstall Intel XTU, run the following commands from an admin prompt to re-register XTU3SERVICE again, and reboot:

sc create XTU3SERVICE displayname= "Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Service" binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe" type= own start= delayed-auto

sc description XTU3SERVICE "The XTU Service allows client access to overclocking functionality"
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
2 REPLIES 2

kef131
Level 7
hexaae wrote:
The problem
When you uninstall Intel XTU, it will remove also XTU3SERVICE and ROG Gaming Center's fan/overclock control + CPU/GPU MHz counters won't work anymore. Trying to reinstall ROG Gaming Center from "C:\eSupport\eDriver\Software\Win32App\ASUS\ROG Gaming Center" won't fix it.

Solution
after you uninstall Intel XTU, run the following commands from an admin prompt to re-register XTU3SERVICE again, and reboot:

sc create XTU3SERVICE displayname= "Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Service" binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe" type= own start= delayed-auto

sc description XTU3SERVICE "The XTU Service allows client access to overclocking functionality"

I just wanna sign in to say you personally a big thank you!! I have been stuggling with this error with my GL502VMK froma few weeks ant this work out perfectly, really thanks for this great post!

hexaae
Level 12
You're welcome 😉
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse