cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratchy noise out of speakers whenever I move the mouse

helix400
Level 7
Whenever I have the mouse move around on the screen, I can hear a scratchy noise coming from the speakers. If I stop the mouse, the sound is down to a faint crackly noise.

Usually these are electrical hardware issues. Whether I turn the volume on or off, or have the laptop power in or out, the result is the same.

Is there anything I can try to fix this on my end?
3 REPLIES 3

mathiaskrohs
Level 7
helix400 wrote:
Whenever I have the mouse move around on the screen, I can hear a scratchy noise coming from the speakers. If I stop the mouse, the sound is down to a faint crackly noise.

Usually these are electrical hardware issues. Whether I turn the volume on or off, or have the laptop power in or out, the result is the same.

Is there anything I can try to fix this on my end?

I have the same issue with my GL703GS. I think it is not coming from the speakers. It's more likely to be "Coil whine".
Unfortunately you cannot do much about it.

Determined the buzzing noise occurs if I have an external mouse plugged into the left 2 USB ports, or the one of the right USB ports. The other USB port on the right does NOT generate a buzzing noise 😕

xeromist
I'm doubtful this is something you can fix yourself (without dismantling the machine). As you state this is likely a bad electrical ground causing interference.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…