I wrote yesterday to the ASUS Help Center, but I wanted to ask the community too.. 🙂
Computer name: DESKTOP-JCEQTG8
OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17763 (x64)
Hardware: Strix GL504GS_GL504GS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GL504GS
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Logical processors: 12
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 16308 MB total
Okay the problems in short:
- Extreme Lagging / Latency Problems
- Mouse freezes, and cannot be moved for seconds, while the e.g. VLC video continues to play without problems, and also audio comes without problems.
- When I open Browser Firefox with like 30 Tabs or more than everything goes supeslow, like 10 fps on Win 10, and the mouse laggs, the sound from vlc / Netflix begins to stretch and scraps and sounds like the time is just stretched.
- While typing a key hangs or keystrokes are not recorded and it becomes something like: Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy
- Extreme jerking while playing SOmetime impossible . But I think this is another problem maybee cpu throttling because to hot.
- No Driver for SD Card
- Sometimes just a spontanuos reboot whyle playing
Depending on the restart, one or more problems occur simultaneously.
What I did:
- New installation without success
- Clean Win 10 installation without success ( Yea I looked that I installed the Mainboard Driver at first)
- Bios update 303 and 305
- Latest drivers
I find out, that I have maybee an issue with drivers, for example the Latency mon says:
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:44 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.
Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 17.579710
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation
Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 24877.974638
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: tcpip.sys - TCP/IP-Treiber, Microsoft Corporation
What more can I do?
I'm a graphics student, and I'm very annoyed that Photoshop / Illustrator or Cinema 4D on my old MSI laptop HQ 7700 and also GTX 1070 just ran much smoother.
I miss my old Laptop.. ;( Everything was a little bit smoother..
But I don't think my computer is running at its full power yet... 🙂 I Mean there should be the power of 12 Threads.. or not? 😄
Please help me... I despair soon...
Okay some news:
I tried with the help from Throttlestop to undervolt the CPU.
But with bad results: I could undervolt :
-100mV CPU Core
-100mV CPU Cache
But I tried both with -125mV and had a nonanswering sytem. Reboot. No Win 10 Screen after Reboot. Fine.
I pressed Again and again the On Off Button. But I had to wait until the ASUS Logo came and the Circle began to rounds up.
So after a few Reboots it came the automaticaly repair System. Than Win 10 started where I have chosen: Start with help diagnose or something like that.
ANd now.. no more laggs so far.. Latency mon and the dpclat looks both fine and green.. 🙂
So I just make an automatically Backup on another HD.. Maybee it helps me another day..
But I think the problem is not solved. It's just a good luck for this time my Computer runs..
Keep you updated