cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scar 2 gl504gs unusual heating

ultraharrysingh
Level 7
my 504gs runs very hot. Like it reaches 85 degrees on idle on silent setting on the asus rog panel and in gaming it reaches to about 97 degrees (with the overboost setting on) which causes the games to lag alot and it is not a good experience at all. in bf5 on low settings i get around 40-55 fps on the average and microstutters alot. frequent frame drops in all the games even on older titles. I even have repasted with the noctua h1 thermal paste but no difference but it runs hotter than before now. I have undervolted to about -100.6 but still no improvement in thermal or in performance. Please help. Any tweaks needed in throttle stop? I am all ears for advices
2 REPLIES 2

raju2529
Level 7
[QUOTE=ultraharrysingh7
how do you , that laptop cpu reaches 84* C ,give me screenshotsof performance tab under taskmanger
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
[QUOTE=ultraharrysingh7
how do you , that laptop cpu reaches 84* C ,give me screenshotsof performance tab under taskmanger

while i game it reaches 95 degrees plus. AT the moment it goes to about 70 degrees at idle