cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scar III G731GW FPS Problems in some games

georgesocol
Level 7
Hello!
I bought my first gaming laptop 6 months ago, it is a G731GW, it has a I9 processor and RTX 2070 graphics card. Everything went smoothly with it until I've noticed that in some games my FPS is way too low. I am talking about League of Legends and CSGO. I've tried numerous things to change in the NVIDIA Control panel settings, I tried reinstalling my windows, uninstalling GeForce Experience and getting rid of apps that may cause a problem. I've seen that, for example, in League of Legends my FPS is the same no matter the graphics I am playing on, and it's very weird that I get around 80-100 constant FPS although my laptop (just by looking at the specs) can easily run 300-400 FPS, I've also looked on some sites that tell you approximately how many frames you should get, but my laptop doesn't even get close to those frames.

I've tried using turbo mode via Armoury Crate, didn't seem to help. Also I've noticed that when I play League that my graphics card is only 25-30% used, when the integrated one is like 90%. I tried changing which card my pc to use via NVIDIA Control Panel, but I feel that my laptop doesn't want to use my graphics card, I don't know why, and it's very annoying because the game feels so laggy at 80 FPS. I've also looked on the battery settings and the power saver settings, but they look normal, they shouldn't limit the pc.

Please, I really want to fix this problem, it's very annoying and I want to enjoy the games as I am supposed to on this 3000$ laptop, I don't want to feel that I've wasted my money on this.
10 REPLIES 10

KorosuKivy wrote:
Can you show me the following.
Screen shoting your Nvidia settings (not the geforce experience)
Pastebin your dxdiag and post link here
And whats your vsync setting set to?

This is the link for my NVIDIA Settings:
https://imgur.com/l55bKOM

This is for dxdiag
https://pastebin.pl/view/7515fe87

My vsync is always off, i saw that is very inefficient turning it on.