cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix SCAR 18 (2023) - Undervolt using AC/DC loadline values

Svan
Level 9
Refering to this post on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/10dcjd9/intel_blocks_undervolting_on_alder_and_raptor_lake/

Would be great to get those bios settings locked to a minimum value of 100 to avoid impacting system longevity :

Core/IA VR Settings
- AC Loadline
- DC Loadline

Hoping Asus will let us reduce those insane temps (got package temp at 97 degrees on a medium range ressource demanding game)
I ihave applied the -30 undervolt in bios better than nothing .

Greetings.
5 REPLIES 5

bv66mkp
Level 7
The new 306 bios says you can undervolt till -80mw, but it does not work, tried everything. Hopefully we will see more undervolting settings in future upgrades to the bios.

Svan
Level 9
I reduced also in bios all performance cores to 4400 Ghz. My games don't need the extra power for the moment. Will see in the future.

SulimanAF
Level 10
Bios Update No. 307 was released today March 15th - 2023, and it actually allows undervolting to -80 so they fixed the bug.
Hope they allow further undervolting if it's stable.

How did you manage to update to 307, my scar 18 is briked updating through my asus

SulimanAF wrote:
Bios Update No. 307 was released today March 15th - 2023, and it actually allows undervolting to -80 so they fixed the bug.
Hope they allow further undervolting if it's stable.

Thanx for the info I will update as soon as possible 🙂

Update : They removed "AI Tweaker" settings in bios 307. But the good news is everything seems unlocked for XTU or Throttlestop. Thanx Asus.
Check that you don't have "Virtual Machine Platform" enabled in Windows Features or the bios undervolt will not apply.