cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog strix scar 17 g733qr/ hot /bios locked/undervolt

arsenie_vlad3
Level 7
hy anyone
have some temperature problem with my laptop my cpu has go immediatly on fire with different settings when i gaming (cod warzone 120/150fps) . after 30/40 min reach 95/100° with different setings. the laptop rests on a support that promotes air circulation. in the room have no more than 23 degrees celsuis
have amd ryzen 9 5900hx 8 core.
now...I'm looking to undervolt the cpu, i have seen that this can get lower temperature with almost same performance but for the moment i can't have access to the cpu settings in the bios advanced mode (ai tweaker mode doesn't exist here). doesn't have any bottom with cpu specifics like vddcr or else. i had try flash other different version of bios for my motherbord ( 325-327-329) any of this version has not possibility to modify the voltage.
i have also try to install amd master but i undestand it doesn't work with laptops cpu... when i try to open it it says me that's not compatible with my processor.
the only thing that helps me to keep under 75° my temperature is ryzen controller.exe
anyone of you know how i can unlock the bios to get access at this settings ? already seen that laptos like rog strix b550 have different bios with full setings, don't know why for this motherbord they haven't unable it ... if you a different mode to undervolt this cpu please reply. ty
2 REPLIES 2

mnlk21
Level 9
have you already try to clean up fan ? i think before it wont go up to 100°c, i have same cpu and sont go avec 92°c, but i clean my laptop 2 time a month

the laptop rests on a support that promotes air circulation. doesn't touch the desk is raised. can't get so much dust inside. i bought it in may of this year and about a month ago i opened it to upgrade the ram cards ... there was no dust inside...the fans are perfectly clean.