cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix Scar 16 2023 Black Screen After Enable Windows 11 HDR Feature

TheLeftEar
Level 7

I just bought this fantastic laptop from B&H and amazed by the miniled screen. So I decided to see how it performs under HDR. Here comes the problem. Every time I enable or disable HDR feature from the Windows 11 settings, the screen will turn into total black and the system is unresponsive at all. I need to force the system shut down and I need to do this TWICE! to get into the system. I tried this in dGPU only mode and dual mode. They all have the same problems. What shou I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sedna66
Level 9

Here  the topic. It also has a video with how to cause the failure as well as how to make the Scar 16 work, Asus must address this serious failure still without a solution. Possible New Bios is a solution? Asus must respond.

Welcome.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Melldorwin
Level 9

welcome to the club!

Sedna66
Level 9

Here  the topic. It also has a video with how to cause the failure as well as how to make the Scar 16 work, Asus must address this serious failure still without a solution. Possible New Bios is a solution? Asus must respond.

Welcome.

Thank you sir, you saved my day.  It's possible that enabling the Windows 11 HDR feature is causing compatibility problems with your ROG Strix Scar 16. Well, I am searching for the best study websites online for my friend and when I was looking for it on Google search, I found a link to your post and I am so happy I found your post. Thanks for helping but I recommend checking for driver updates or reaching out to ASUS customer support for further assistance.

Thank you sir, I appreciate you for the help.

Thank you sir, you saved my day. If I want to know more, I will surely ask you. If a medical student is looking for a medical research paper, they should go to this website: https://studyclerk.com/medical-research-paper because I used the URL provided to find authors for medical research papers. Since I am not very excellent at writing essays, I frequently seek assistance from qualified essay writers.

Sedna66
Level 9

New Drivers fix this issue!!