cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix G614 no boot after 307 bios upgrade

Muad-Dib69
Level 7
Hello,

I was a bit afraid after the upgrade pushed by windows but not yet on asus website.
It was not booting after, black screen.
I find out the 40seconds hold of start button without AC made him back alive.

Hope it can help people.
6 REPLIES 6

Phil_K
Level 8
Thanks for sharing.

For G834JY (Strix 18) the v3.07 is also pushed by MyAsus but not listed on the support webpage.
Wonder why there is no changelog with the bios updates if they are so vital not to be missed...

Greets
Phil.

I just updated my scar 18 G834jy tot the latest 307 bios pushed by my asus and it will not start up anymore, keyboard is lit, no display, restarts itself after 30 seconds and does it all over again. Please someone from Asus help!

bv66mkp
Level 7
Muad-Dib69 wrote:
Hello,

I was a bit afraid after the upgrade pushed by windows but not yet on asus website.
It was not booting after, black screen.
I find out the 40seconds hold of start button without AC made him back alive.

Hope it can help people.

Can you please be a bit more specific, tried what you said but it does not work for me. ThanksÂ*

Muad-Dib69
Level 7
When you have the black screen you remove AC, and stay 40sec minimum on start button. It will shut off but you stay on button. take 50 seocnd to be sure. then push again and it will start. The RAM traning can be long so wait. i pushed f2 also to go in bios immediatly after reboot.

Thanks for the reply, i tried that at least 10 times last night but it does not seem to work for me, i think mine is briked. I also tried everything on asus support site, nothing seem to work, i guess i’ll have to sent it out for warranty…

Ok so good news i got mine working back again, i removed 1 stick of ram and left it with only one and it started right away, everything else i tried didn't work for me, so this is just for other people to know if they have the same issue. After it started i put the second ram back and everything is ok. It seems there are still some problems during those memory tests.