cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix G513RM - Random Freeze/Crash Issue

FluffityFluffs
Level 7

Hi all, 

I recently got a brand new Asus ROG Strix G513RM with AMD 7 6800H, RTX 3060, and 40GB of RAM. I have Windows 10 installed ad I've been using it for about a month. While it is working fine for the most part, I've been having issues with random freezing (literally just freezes while I'm doing something, usually not resource-consuming) with the keyboard backlight on. When this happens I am forced to use the power button to shut down and reboot. 

I'm unable to find anything in the Event Viewer that may be the cause but last week I did have an issue with the MediaTek WiFi card crashing fully. Bluetooth being on is also wonky - feels unstable and perhaps affects WiFi speeds. Once or twice it also took a while to boot up - the keyboard would turn on and nothing would happen for good 3-4 minutes, after which it would boot up properly.

Another issue that might be related - while gaming I used to have an issue with the keyboard becoming non-responsive (it would take a few presses to get it to register) but it feels like this went away after I disabled the Filter keys and reinstalled the keyboard drivers. 

Any ideas as to what might be causing the random freezes? BIOS is on G513.RM.327

Also to add: this doesn't happen when I'm doing some intensive task (photo/video editing, gaming, etc.) - it happened while browsing random websites in Chrome. I saw an issue with Hardware Accerelation somewhere, but that has been off since day 1

I used to have another G513 and I recall issues with the MediaTek card and maybe some minor crashing but they went away after some time. Just worried for my SSD and other components lol

1 REPLY 1

C-V-N
Level 12

Return it for a new one don't play around do it asap. and make sure you buy the extra warranty for down the line bs you will have with asus laptops.