cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog strix g15 constant ping spikes

stephccl
Level 7
i recently bought the rog strix g15 and immediately started getting constant ping spikes to the point that games are practically unplayable, the ping basically spikes to over a thousand every second. 94703 this happens no matter what wifi i use, i've tried switching to different networks and the problem remains. it's not the problem of the network itself, because i've checked on other laptops and the wifi works fine with no ping spikes at all. to ensure it's not caused by anything i installed, i did a full reset of the laptop, but the problem remained. i sent the laptop in for repair, but when it came back the issue is still happening. because of the time that the repair has taken, it has been more than 14 days since delivery and i cannot request a return/refund. i have no idea what to do, i've tried lots of troubleshooting options from websites and from asus support staff and nothing has worked, has anyone gotten the same problem and has a fix?
5 REPLIES 5

Murph_9000
Level 14
If it's an Intel wifi chip, have you tried the latest drivers from Intel for it?

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

NickT
Level 9
If it happens to be the MediaTek one then that seems to be a newer issue to me. I get random internet lock ups on my Strix G15. Have to reboot the laptop. See my other post for more details on that.

I tend to agree with Murph9000, try updating the drivers first.

Murph_9000 wrote:
If it's an Intel wifi chip, have you tried the latest drivers from Intel for it? Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

NickT wrote:
If it happens to be the MediaTek one then that seems to be a newer issue to me. I get random internet lock ups on my Strix G15. Have to reboot the laptop. See my other post for more details on that.

I tend to agree with Murph9000, try updating the drivers first.

i have tried resetting my network drivers before and it still didn’t solve the issue, i’ve checked and it seems i have the latest drivers. i have the mediatek wifi 6e mt922 160mhz wireless lan card

Jayxon
Level 7

I am having the same issues. 

Firstly, if it is possible use ethernet. From my testing the ping spikes are caused by the wi-fi card scanning for nearby networks periodically, causing the spikes. I found this out by pinging my router and then opening the wifi tab in windows, and without fail the ping would always spike the second I opened the tab. 

Secondly, update your network card drivers. Mine is the mediatek wifi6 MT7921. You can find the drivers in AsusOne, under the LiveUpdate tab in customer support.

Finally, use WLAN optimizer. I don't have a link but you can just look it up online. Run it and enable "streaming mode". This eliminated the ping spikes so long as you do not open the wifi tab (which would then cause it to scan for networks and therefore ping spikes). 

harsh4rk
Level 7

same issue... it happen when u plug in charger...once you unplug the charger it work fine