cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Scar 3 G731GV BIOS 308 Undervolt PROBLEM

souliar7
Level 8
HI..I have a Asus rog scar 3 G731GV as soon as i updated bios 307 to 308 i have problem with cpu undervolting... xtu and throttlestop don't work and i also have drop fps. What can i do ?
16 REPLIES 16

sevamaxuz wrote:
You don’t need to uninstall it, what you need is to open the file “devmgmt.msc�, find “System Firmware� device in devises tree and disable it (see attachment). After that you will be able to downgrade your bios to 307 and it will not be updated automatically.

You can simply roll back to the previous version in the properties. It is not necessary to disable it.

Hey folks!!

Sorry for bringing back this thread to life, it happens that my laptop (GL703GM) just updated the bios via windows loosing undervolting capabilities, I can roll back to the 'good' bios but every time I restart my laptop it goes to the latest...

I've tried to disable the system firmware on the device manager but it keeps doing it...
Any advice?

Thanks!!
Sergio

sevamaxuz wrote:
You can disable System Firmware in Device management concole (devmgmt.msc) and after that downgrade to 307 bios.

Thank you very much, there is the same problem on my gl504gm biso 312, and i return to 311 by this way.

棽木 wrote:
Thank you very much, there is the same problem on my gl504gm biso 312, and i return to 311 by this way.

You are welcome 🙂

Hi There.

I have done a bit of reading around & find it hard to get some answers.

Quick questions.

Bios:

I am running 307 which still allows for Undervolting.

Any luck undervolting with bios version 308?
Where do I find the change log notes for the bios update?
Improve System Stability does not really say much.

Undervolt with Armory Crate:

Do you use Turbo Mode when undervolting the CPU/GPU or Windows mode?

What does turbo mode really affect other than the slight gpu OC and faster fans does it increase any voltages on the notebook?

Hoping to get a little assistance to understand here.

Thanks in advance.

How did you downgrade the bios on this notebook?
If I try placing the bios file on the flash disk formatted fat32 it indicates it is invalid.
(yes it is exacted)
Edit - figured it out, had to extract with folder in tact. Sorted now. Disabled system firmware on device manager so lets see.

tap002
Level 9
Want my money back Asus