cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Keyboard Firmware Update tool - fail?

Triton_se
Level 8
The sides on my laptop keyboard haven't been lit for a while even tho selected in Armoury Crate (dont really need the lights at keyboard sides so I'm not worried about that)
but the Warning message bothers me, firmware not found in the "update tool folder" - what else is missing? Atleast I know the 1.0.5 ACConfig I had to download elsewhere.

EDIT // Right after this install I got Armoury Crate menu/AURA/Keyboard lighting problems, but a reboot made things normal again.

6 REPLIES 6

khendyCrush
Level 8
Triton.se wrote:
The sides on my laptop keyboard haven't been lit for a while even tho selected in Armoury Crate (dont really need the lights at keyboard sides so I'm not worried about that)
but the Warning message bothers me, firmware not found in the "update tool folder" - what else is missing? Atleast I know the 1.0.5 ACConfig I had to download elsewhere.

EDIT // Right after this install I got Armoury Crate menu/AURA/Keyboard lighting problems, but a reboot made things normal again.

Hello, Can you please tell me the exact way you fix this issue and where and what you have download?
thank you very much.

Hey,

try to update with MyAsus..there is an LiveUpdate which show you the Updates which youre Notebook actually need.

tabasom
Level 7

Hi everyone 

I've been struggling with this issue, and finally after 1 day of trying different solutions, I fixed it.

A. I reset the bios setting to default.

Tip: to force your laptop to boot in bios mode do the following steps:

1. Settings

2. Update and security 

3. Recovery 

4. Advance startup: choose "Restart now" button.

5. It will restart and choose a page with different options. Choose "Troubleshoot"

6. Choose Advanced options 

7. UEFI Firmware Settings

8. Click on the "Restart" button.

It will reset and show the nios page,

9. Reset bios setting to default.

B. I install "ROG Keyboard Firmware Update" again.

And it updated😊🤩

Tried it, didn't work for me... Thanks for the help btw!

Quahnaarin
Level 7

I really regret buying Asus Laptops honestly. Considering how big mess the system is. 

Aura, Armoury, and 100 other useless software messing and competing with each other creating a hot garbage.

nelsonlaguna
Level 7

I have the same problem and restoring the factory system is not my case, is there some way this can be corrected or a module has to be installed, as I understand it is a problem with a module that controls the relighting