cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL704GW Fans started to spin at max rpm all time

astromaestro
Level 7

Yesterday rignt after I have powered on my laptop fans immediatly starting to spin like crazy. Regardles what power settings I select in ArmoryCrate( windows, balanced, turbo, or silence) both GPU and CPU fans spinning at 7000 RPM. Taks Manager shows CPU load at 30-50%. And yes I have done a complete antivirus scan several times, it is not a trojan or malware issue. I have also tried to change different power plans settings, reinstalled Nvidia driver, has done system restore, resetting Windows and even reconnecting fan pins. But all this does not help at all unfortunatly, the issue persisits. I suppose this is not related to Windows or BIOS ( I have latest BIOS V. 312) available), because fans are starting to spin at full speed right after I click the power button. It is probably faulty fan speed or temperature controller. And where Rog GL704GW fan controller is located?  Can you help me to determine the root cause? And if i change the fans itself, will it resolves the issue?

12 REPLIES 12

Bogus5
Level 12

It seems like a hardware problem that you won't be able to solve without the help of a repair service.

Bogus5
Level 12

Did you use FN+F5?

astromaestro
Level 7

I have tried almost everything! Does that mean fan speed controller could be ruined?

Bogus5
Level 12

It's hard to say, writing on forums doesn't repair equipment.

astromaestro
Level 7

I will try to re-flash BIOS with AZ utility later.

Rooke
Level 11

It sounds like there might be an app in Windows that's running at 100%.

Open the Task Manager and click the title for CPU% and see if anything is running at close to or at 100% CPU. 

If there is, and it's something you recognize, try Ending the Task.

Have a Good One! 😎
Rooke

eXplode
Level 12

Make windows backup and reinstall windows if this not help than this is a hardware problem other things that you can try are go in armory crate and change profiles in your case this not work you can make a custom profiles if this dont work download  the uninstaller tool for armory crate and uninstall AC and after this you can try to reboot your laptop to see is there have any problem whitout AC if this dont work download Ghelper and test it when you start Ghelper he will stop every AC profile and apply Ghelper profile also if you use MSI afterburner he can also make this problem for me in some cases MSI afterburner burner increase fans speed not to max but whit 20% for all fans but i dont know why AC and MSI afterburner make this problem

AC detect the temperature from the sensors in the GPU and CPU your sensor

Also i also haved this problem few times i think this is software problem no hardware 

Also what is the CPU and GPU temps when this problem happen 

Bogus5
Level 12

It's good to be able to read comprehension because the fans work at 100% as soon as you press the power button.

astromaestro
Level 7

Yesterday when swapping SSD in one moment I suddenly dropped the screw to motherboard and there was a tiny spark in between. I´m afraid I have burned some SMD which controls fan speed.🤐