cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL553-VE GeForce 1050Ti BSOD, Error Code 43

jerek_
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I've got ASUS ROG GL553-VE Laptop and have issue with my NVidia card.
I have searched in thos and NVidia's forum and tried, I think, every possible solution but nothing helps.

First, about 2 weeks ago I started to have BSOD screens with erros:
1. VIDEO SCHELUDER INTERNAL ERROR
2. VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)
3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Second, from then until now in Hardware Manager my 1050Ti is disabled with code 43.

I updated BIOS to ver. 3.07 from ASUS wesite.

I've tried to uninstall drivers wih DDU (both Intel and NVidia), and reinstall them with many versions (377,05, 382,53, 399,24, 4xx.xx (from NVidia and ASUS website).
I used factory reset and graphic card work for couple of hours. But when I tried launch games like Witcher 3, then boom, BSOD (mostly TDR Failure)

I sent laptop to my local ASUS Service (I'm from Poland), but they send me back with report:
Problem/Symptom: Test ok
Repair Code: Cannot duplicate the symptom, and update Software/ Firmware/ BIOS
Replaced parts: none
End test positive: Yes

But problem still persist.
After that, I blocked manually Widnows Update and Drivers Update, and had Factory Reset with drivers from ESupport folder. I changed power managament to maximum performance in Intel graphic settings and system power settings. Laptop worked fo 1 day. From Saturday I have again code 43 error in hardware manager and 1050Ti is disabled.

I don't know what else I cand do.

Thanks for your help.
19 REPLIES 19

TimeLion724 wrote:
Maybe you can try installing an old driver for your GPU through "Device Manager" and then trying to update to the latest driver, just make sure that you restart your laptop after every installation.

Today, I've tried something like this.

First, I unistalled drivers both for GeForce and NVida with DDU.
Second I went to Intel site, downloaded and installed Intel Driver & Support Assistance. I searched for newest drivers and installed them. Then I downloaded from NVidia latest version of drivers (419.67) and installed them. Somehow the card started to work. Changed power managamant for maximum performace and launched game. On load screen system hanged out with artefacts:

After reset Code 43 appears again.
79709 79710

I'm slowly out of ideas what is might going on.

Update:
Sometimes GeForce is active, but everytime I will use it (game, program) there will be always BSOD with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. After reset card is inactive with 43 error.

This was happened when I changed fast start to disabled in UEFI, or used laptop on battery. BSOD is showing whenever laptop is plug in into power source, or run on battery.

I'm starting to thinking, maybe GeForce is faulty. Chip or Video Memory. But in service they tested and says that the hardware is ok.
I don't really know how to resolve this problem.

I was facing the same BSOD errors:
VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
This BSOD's are happening after Windows 10 1809 version. My laptop came with 1703 version and i didn't have any BSOD's with it.

Solution:
- Update BIOS to 308.
- Clean install Windows 10 2004 version.
- Disable XBOX Game Bar.
- Run Windows Update. (It will install drivers aswell.) **This step is importnant, let the Windows install drivers.**
- Windows will probably install these drivers: Intel GPU driver: 21.xxxx version and NVIDIA driver: 399.xx
- Then simply install the latest Intel GPU driver (DCH version) from:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29530/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=97503
- Install missing drivers and asus applications from Helpdesk:
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-GL553VE/HelpDesk/
- You can update NVIDIA driver from now on if you want but do not install geforce experience. I use 399.24 version and strongly recommending it.

I hope this will fix your problems.

TimeLion724
Level 8
Have you updated your BIOS? I used to experience the same BSOD until I figure out that GPU was going to sleep therefore causing the BSOD crash.
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

TimeLion724 wrote:
Have you updated your BIOS? I used to experience the same BSOD until I figure out that GPU was going to sleep therefore causing the BSOD crash.

Yes. I've udpated BIOS. I have version 307.

The problem is fixed. I've send my laptop to reseller where I bought it (because they add M.2 SSD drive and 8 GB of RAM), and they change motherboard. Now GeForce works fine with newest drivers and with no change to power management. I think the problem was with mb or graphic card memory or GeForce chipset.

Sujaymore
Level 7
I am facing this same issue.
I have tried every possible method to re start the nvidia drivers, but all in vain.
methods that I tried are listed as follows,
1. clean windows installation.
2. reset of windows.
3. roll back of updates.
4. re installation of gpu drivers.
5. latest verion installation of gpu drivers.
6. oldest version of gpu drivers installation.
7. updating the drivers through asus support for this specific device.
8. updating the gpu drivers through nvidia official site.

my laptop is asus GL553VE
1050ti 4 gb graphics card.

Sujaymore
Level 7
I am facing this same issue.
I have tried every possible method to re start the nvidia drivers, but all in vain.
methods that I tried are listed as follows,
1. clean windows installation.
2. reset of windows.
3. roll back of updates.
4. re installation of gpu drivers.
5. latest verion installation of gpu drivers.
6. oldest version of gpu drivers installation.
7. updating the drivers through asus support for this specific device.
8. updating the gpu drivers through nvidia official site.

my laptop is asus GL553VE
1050ti 4 gb graphics card.

Same problem here (Code 43), I tried all posible solutions from this forum and nvidia forum, but not work…

I'm desperate.

FULLMETALJACKET
Level 11
Hardware issue.

naumaanjaved
Level 7
I have the same problem, it happened in 2021 during my papers, as I was studying on laptop. I left it on and went to do some chores, when i came back, screen was black and when i tried restarting it, there was nothing on the screen. I was stuck in papers and I had to study. So i kept on restarting it and laptop started working on intel hd 630.

Sadly after that, nvidia gtx 1050ti on my system stopped working, and code 43 error was there.

When i got free, I went only to check what is the problem and tried uninstalling then re installing, tried windows clean install and then installing. I tried different solutions but it was all in vain.

My bios do show that I have 1050ti and intel hd 630 in my system but its not detected inside windows.

I went to laptop hardware repairing centre and unfortunately ASUS does not have an official repairing centre in our country.

what they are saying is they will do heat the card and if nvidia got fried because of that then its not their responsibility.

And i am still looking for answers as what happened actually. Was it a bad windows update, driver DCH issue or some other thing, i am still clueless

Unfortunately i cant send it to where I bought it from because i paid heavy taxes when i took it to my country and it will be expensive

My System
ASUS ROG GL553VE
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
intel hd 630 8gb
nvidia gtx 1050ti (no ram detected) code 43 error

System info says its okey but nothing is available