cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog gl552vx m2 2280 ssd upgrade

Danbarbu112
Level 7
Hi. I bought a Samsung 970 Evo M2 2280 NVME PCI Express x4 and my laptop didn't recognize it, it didn't show in bios. I have a sticker on the back of the laptop that says "support only m2 2280 ssd sata". I asked on the live chat support and they said that it support nvme and sata. On the product site specification said that it support PCIE X4 NVME. My laptop model is GL552VX-CN059D. Can someone help me? Is there's a way that it can be recognized?
23 REPLIES 23

G6N0CV09L653254
Level 7

G6N0CV09L653254

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent

Hi,

Thanks for the serial number, but it's usually safer not to publicly provide serial numbers if you have any concerns about that.

Anyway, if you were interested, showing this serial number is using the GL552VX motherboard that only supports SATA M.2 SSDs, so don't expect you can get any NVME M.2 SSDs working for this notebook.  Thanks.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent

Hi,

For those that are wondering it appears we can sell the GL552VX with 6th gen. Intel cpu or 7th gen. Intel cpu which is still considered to be the GL552VX model, but actually using a different GL552VXK motherboard and bios.

Anyway, the GL552VX with 6th gen. Intel cpu will use different motherboards to support SATA M.2 SSDs or PCIe M.2 SSDs, so the same motherboard cannot support both types of M.2 SSDs and you need to confirm the motherboard specs to know which will work.

Apparently the GL552VX motherboard with 7th gen. Intel cpu (which is really the GL552VXK motherboard using the GL552VXK bios) can support both SATA3 M.2 SSDs and PCIe M.2 SSDs with the same motherboard, so we need to check the motherboard specs carefully to know what will be supported and checking the bios model may provide some clues.  Thanks.

Hi sent you a message regarding this issue too. Hoping for a reply. Thanks!