cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL502VY Freeze and crash :(

Ecamillo
Level 7
Hi, I bought a ROG GL502VY directly to asus via amazon and I'm having a big problem. The laptop randomly freezes and crashes. Sometimes within a few minutes of turning it on, others within a few hours. I only have to use a browser or leave it on the desktop to reproduce it. I already update all the drivers, check the memory and SSD and even reinstall the OS to the factory (Windows 10 Home Original). Please, does anyone know what else I can do?

As clarification, the laptop came out of the box with this problem

I contact asus but not being in the country of purchase, they do not take care of the guarantee

Thanks you all
7 REPLIES 7

nytwolf45
Level 8
I thought we have a global 2 year warranty on this thing?

nytwolf45 wrote:
I thought we have a global 2 year warranty on this thing?

Its seems that not 😞

patrioticalien
Level 7
Ecamillo wrote:
Hi, I bought a ROG GL502VY directly to asus via amazon and I'm having a big problem. The laptop randomly freezes and crashes. Sometimes within a few minutes of turning it on, others within a few hours. I only have to use a browser or leave it on the desktop to reproduce it. I already update all the drivers, check the memory and SSD and even reinstall the OS to the factory (Windows 10 Home Original). Please, does anyone know what else I can do?

As clarification, the laptop came out of the box with this problem

I contact asus but not being in the country of purchase, they do not take care of the guarantee

Thanks you all

What type is the type of crash and do you get any error codes, messages, BSOD's and/or bleeps,
Did the crash start occurring a few hours after you owned it i.e. once windows had started to install patches/updates and/or installation of software/drivers?

• What happens when it crashes? i.e. computer comes up with blue screen and displays some text
  • What are you doing when it crashes? i.e. playing a game
  • What happens when it freezes? i.e. using google chrome, internet explorer etc and it just freezes requiring me to hold down the power-button to reboot
  • What are you doing when it freezes? i.e. working on photoshop
  • Have you ran any diagnostics on it? if yes did it come up with anything?
  • Important: Have you ran this in safe mode, does it still crash then?

Can you also upload your dxdiag, go to windows, type, run, then press enter - then type - dxdiag, save then upload

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

patrioticalien wrote:
What type is the type of crash and do you get any error codes, messages, BSOD's and/or bleeps,
Did the crash start occurring a few hours after you owned it i.e. once windows had started to install patches/updates and/or installation of software/drivers?

I'll try to describe it as best I can. I turn on the notebook and use it with bassic stuf(chrome, check mail, and other basic programs NO GAMES) and randomly the screen freezes (no show errors, no save errors in the windows event log), the keyboard and pad are unusable, the only button I can push is the power off. No bleeds, no BSOD, just the freeze screen with the last thing I was doing. The crash start occurring a few hours after I owned befor install windows updates, software or drivers.

patrioticalien wrote:

What happens when it crashes? i.e. computer comes up with blue screen and displays some text

No errors, no displayed text, just the screen freeze, like a photo of the last thing I was doing

patrioticalien wrote:

What are you doing when it crashes? i.e. playing a game

I was using Chrome or watching a movie, nothing demanding

patrioticalien wrote:

What happens when it freezes? i.e. using google chrome, internet explorer etc and it just freezes requiring me to hold down the power-button to reboot

Exactly what you describe in the example

patrioticalien wrote:

What are you doing when it freezes? i.e. working on photoshop

I was working with Visual Studio, Sql Managment Studio, Google Chrome

patrioticalien wrote:

Have you ran any diagnostics on it? if yes did it come up with anything?

Yes, the test ended without errors

patrioticalien wrote:

Important: Have you ran this in safe mode, does it still crash then?

I never ran in safe mode, it will be my next test

patrioticalien wrote:

Can you also upload your dxdiag, go to windows, type, run, then press enter - then type - dxdiag, save then upload

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ohfVTHdXRGcXBWNUQwRUZPeDg/view?usp=sharing

Thanks you

Regarding the dxdiag, nvidia does have a later GPU driver out then current version. latest: 378.66

Could you also have a look in the event viewer, i'm interested to see if you have any error logs - in particular about the ram

If you see any logs please upload a copy of them here

patrioticalien wrote:
Regarding the dxdiag, nvidia does have a later GPU driver out then current version. latest: 378.66

Could you also have a look in the event viewer, i'm interested to see if you have any error logs - in particular about the ram

If you see any logs please upload a copy of them here

I do not see any errors in the event viewer

SSD test pass without errors
RAM test pass without errors

😞