cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random (or not random) fps drop in asus 502vs

rolllooo
Level 7
Hello, mine 502vs have strange issue- In overal games work fine but all of them got random fps drops from 60 (I play games on V-sync) to approx 40 fps for few second irregularly with somekind of few framestops (something like stuttering)- it is iritating because of slowing down the game even in not demanding titles. I suspect moments when game have to load some data- like respawn of enemies or new location elements. Within this moment games work fine. I don't suspect my graphic card because of various drivers combination with respect to clean installation. This is something with data lag and input. Are there any which had same problems?

best regards
Marco
11 REPLIES 11

rolllooo
Level 7
Thanks- I hope that it resolve my problems. Yesterday I reinstall system (preventialy) and put games to SSD from HDD. The huge, spike lags disappear in games so I suspect my HDD to lag during gaming - I tested it with HD tune but I have not noticed any problems with it. I will post here results from more powerful ac adapter as soon as possible

rolllooo
Level 7
Ok, what I noticed is that during Kingdom Come Deliverence GPU stay at stable 1820 Mhz but CPU jumping on various cores with very broad span- from 700 Mhz to 3,2 Ghz with various in game situatiion - which probably cause framedrops (Both of them get on max 78oC without undervolting). This is relativelly good symptome of power lack but what is strange that Witcher 3 working good (The stuttering can be avoided with lowering refreshing rate in laptop display so it was only software issue). Maybe W3 is less CPU demanding and better optimized. I will buy 230W power supply and give here feedback if it resolve my problem to help enyone with same issue.