cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems GL702! - hard time waking up from sleep/restarts

timoat
Level 7
hi guys, I have the above laptop, its the 6700 with 16 gb of ram and 6 gb 1060, I really like it, despite getting quite hot (did the throttling bios fix, works much better now) but since Ive had it, sometimes I have a hard time waking it up from sleep/restarts. Id say maybe 1/7 times I will have to do a hard reset, because it freezes on the ROG logo, no spinning dots. It can sit like that for hours.

Its also interfering with win updates, because it will freeze on restart, the updates arent installed properly. Does anyone have any info/experience on this? Would be much appreciated!

cheers, tim in
7 REPLIES 7

FastM
Level 8
yeah mine used do that too, honestly not sure why it doesn’t anymore. maybe a bios update.

from what i read on this forum a possible solution was to disable ´fast boot’ in the bios.*

FastM wrote:
yeah mine used do that too, honestly not sure why it doesn’t anymore. maybe a bios update.

from what i read on this forum a possible solution was to disable ´fast boot’ in the bios.*

yea, I tried that, no change unfortunatley...:mad:

timoat
Level 7
Guys, am I really the only one with this problem? Its driving me nuts, the laptop now needs a hard reset every time I turn it off. There are no updates avaliable for me in AsusLive updater.

Saragrl
Level 8
Yup, It happens about 1 of of 10 boots myself. Its been happening since I swapped out my SSD with an 960EVO, I fugured it was just an issue with the clone, and to be honest it so rare that I've had little care in trying to resolve it as I would assume it would require a format and having to reinstall all my software.

Saragrl wrote:
Yup, It happens about 1 of of 10 boots myself. Its been happening since I swapped out my SSD with an 960EVO, I fugured it was just an issue with the clone, and to be honest it so rare that I've had little care in trying to resolve it as I would assume it would require a format and having to reinstall all my software.

Interesting that I have a 960EVO in mine as well, and i did do a firmware update on the drive at one point which could of been responsible for fixing the problem*

FastM wrote:
Interesting that I have a 960EVO in mine as well, and i did do a firmware update on the drive at one point which could of been responsible for fixing the problem*

hmm,ill try this! I dl samsung magician, and it updated. Ill let you know how it went.

Holy smokes, it seems to have worked! I updated the samsung evo 960 m2 via Samsung magician

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

The laptop shuts down. Then you have to manually turn it on again, it doesnt restart by itself. I went back in to win, restarted with "install updates and reboot"

updates install, then restarts. but it went in to the dreaded asus with no progress swirl. I thought it was lost. I quick pressed the off button, that shut it down. Now, before, this wouldnt work, if i just quick pressed the on/off button when the no swrild logo was up, iut would return to the non swril logo, and id have to perfor a hard reset (depress on/off button for 10s) but this time, it booted to the logo with the swirl! I came back in to windows and the "install updates and restart" options are gone from the start menu, telling me that this worked!

Im so excited, thanks FastM! Timne will tell if its sovled not being able to boot past the nonswirl logo screen, but im feeling hopefull!

Saragrl wrote:

I have the 960evo as well! I think we found a correlation!
Have you been able to an install the latest update to windows 10? Every time it tries to reboot after intalling the update, it goes in to the asus logo with no progression swirl, and i have to hard reset it, thus it can never intall the update!