cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Videocard on gl702vm

ndemd
Level 7
Hello!
I have a problem with my GL702VM. The videocard is not stable.
The frequency and voltage unstable, but temperature in normal (80-85c).
I also tested it with the back cover removed - helped a lot, about 15-20 degrees off,
but the video card remained unstable. I reset drivers, windows and BIOS none of this helped.
Now I have Win10 pro, BIOS 303.
9 REPLIES 9

Marcello_S
Level 7
If you mean those up and down on the core clock graph it might be a signal of instability but it's not a certain proof. Please try to run other test benches and also try to run some demanding games and see if this behaviour is replicated.

Marcello.S wrote:
If you mean those up and down on the core clock graph it might be a signal of instability but it's not a certain proof. Please try to run other test benches and also try to run some demanding games and see if this behaviour is replicated.

I tested in many games, everywhere the same problem.

ndemd wrote:
I tested in many games, everywhere the same problem.

Are you experiencing any up and down on the FPS, or stuttering during games as well?

Marcello.S wrote:
Are you experiencing any up and down on the FPS, or stuttering during games as well?

Yes I have very many stuttering in games. They are not strong but very frequent and constant.
The more the load on the video card, the stronger the stutter. When overclocking the core of stuttering is less

Marcello_S
Level 7
What software are you using in order to overclock the GPU? Seems that your game experience reflects your GPU core clock behaviour. Worth mentioning that the voltage reflects this behaviour as well.

Marcello.S wrote:
What software are you using in order to overclock the GPU? Seems that your game experience reflects your GPU core clock behaviour. Worth mentioning that the voltage reflects this behaviour as well.

I use MSI afterburner. Voltage is very strange behavior, it constantly jumps and very low. it jumps in the range from 0.743 to 0.800V

Marcello_S
Level 7
Ok definteley your system seems to be a bit unstable. Here's my stats:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70637[/]

You can see that my voltage is more or less constant and those little spikes are due to my activity while MSI was reading the sensors.

Does MSI allow you to control the voltage of your GPU?

Marcello.S wrote:
Ok definteley your system seems to be a bit unstable. Here's my stats:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70637[/]

You can see that my voltage is more or less constant and those little spikes are due to my activity while MSI was reading the sensors.

Does MSI allow you to control the voltage of your GPU?

MSI does not allow me to control the voltage Gpu. I did not include this option.

Marcello_S
Level 7
I suggest you to contact directly the store from which you bought the laptop and see what they can do about it, either they'll replace the laptop or refund you. You can always contact Asus customer support directly.