cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the fans on a G531GW Hero III

II_OcTavian_II
Level 7
The fans on my laptop are running for about 10 to 20 seconds and then they stop for about 10 to 30 seconds and then they run again for another 10 to 20 seconds and this process repeats, why is this happening?
7 REPLIES 7

RasheedAZ
Level 7
II_OcTavian_II wrote:
The fans on my laptop are running for about 10 to 20 seconds and then they stop for about 10 to 30 seconds and then they run again for another 10 to 20 seconds and this process repeats, why is this happening?

This happens to me as well on an Strix Scar 2 GL-704GW. In Armoury Crate, it shows fans usage as 0 RPM. This happens on all fan settings, even if I switch to manual and set both at 0%.

RasheedAZ wrote:
This happens to me as well on an Strix Scar 2 GL-704GW. In Armoury Crate, it shows fans usage as 0 RPM. This happens on all fan settings, even if I switch to manual and set both at 0%.

Did you ever find a solution?

II_OcTavian_II wrote:
Did you ever find a solution?

Hmm.. While I was running a game yesterday, I noticed the fans were working properly, Armoury Crate was giving correct RPM, and switching profiles let me control the fans speed. And then after gaming, it's appears to continue working right today...

Maybe the fix had something to do with the updates to Armoury Crate I installed yesterday - only I had to run a game for it to kick in...?

man this is weird wish there was a clear fix

Since day one after unboxing my ASUS ROG Strix III Hero. Both of my fans were making a (rrrrrrrrrrrr) sound that didn't sound right. The issues persisted 50% of the time on and off. One day they would sound prefect no noise, other days it sounded like a striate piped car stuck in second gear! Sometimes it got so bad my whole laptop would shake from the fans! So I sent my laptop in, after a month, I get an email saying they couldn't find any issues and they are voiding my warrantee?!?. My laptop came back, COVERED IN FOOD, what looked like milk stains, and bread crumbs everywhere! As soon as I turn my device on the fan noise was right there, my whole laptop was violently shaking! I spent 2k on this laptop, and it turned out to be a waist of my time and money, as well as ASUS company all together.

Not just me 2 of my friends bought ASUS laptops as well, and both of them from day one have had issues. One of them sent in their laptop in 4 times! every time it came back broken.

Also I ended up with a extra SSD drive that wasn't mine after getting my laptop from "repairs". Out of curiosity I checked it out, on it i found about 15 other customers personal information. Laptop VINs, Ip addresses, laptop models, info on internal components and more. I sent multiple emails to ASUS but its been more than 6 months and i haven't heard a word from them

My advice if you still can send you laptop back, get your money back, and go spend it with a company that make quality products and has good customer service. Anyone I meet who says they want to buy from ASUS, I sit them down for a story that convinces them NOT to shop with these jerks!

ASUS is a vary $*!^ company in my experience. Would not spend a penny on them!

Vgoretoy wrote:
Since day one after unboxing my ASUS ROG Strix III Hero. Both of my fans were making a (rrrrrrrrrrrr) sound that didn't sound right. The issues persisted 50% of the time on and off. One day they would sound prefect no noise, other days it sounded like a striate piped car stuck in second gear! Sometimes it got so bad my whole laptop would shake from the fans! So I sent my laptop in, after a month, I get an email saying they couldn't find any issues and they are voiding my warrantee?!?. My laptop came back, COVERED IN FOOD, what looked like milk stains, and bread crumbs everywhere! As soon as I turn my device on the fan noise was right there, my whole laptop was violently shaking! I spent 2k on this laptop, and it turned out to be a waist of my time and money, as well as ASUS company all together.

Not just me 2 of my friends bought ASUS laptops as well, and both of them from day one have had issues. One of them sent in their laptop in 4 times! every time it came back broken.

Also I ended up with a extra SSD drive that wasn't mine after getting my laptop from "repairs". Out of curiosity I checked it out, on it i found about 15 other customers personal information. Laptop VINs, Ip addresses, laptop models, info on internal components and more. I sent multiple emails to ASUS but its been more than 6 months and i haven't heard a word from them

My advice if you still can send you laptop back, get your money back, and go spend it with a company that make quality products and has good customer service. Anyone I meet who says they want to buy from ASUS, I sit them down for a story that convinces them NOT to shop with these jerks!

ASUS is a vary $*!^ company in my experience. Would not spend a penny on them!

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you'd like, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

Along with all case numbers given to you during your time with our support team.

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

Hopefully things get resolved. It sure doesnt sound good if they void warranty after failing to find a fault. My G752vs had a key break on the keyboard at 2 months old and I was told it was from abuse and I would have to pay for the repair. Not to mention the expense of shipping across the country. I ask for a replacement key and I would fix it myself and was denied.

I had to buy a complete keyboard from China and have replaced a bunch of the wasd keys in the last 3 years. I have owned a lot of laptops but never had a broken key yet. Let alone a bunch of them on the same machine. I have stickers over the wasd keys now because I have used up all my spares.

I thought about buying asus extended warranty for my new G713 but sounds like I might have to sue to get any satisfaction.