cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating gl552vw

LuizLuiz
Level 7
Product Type : Notebook
Product Model : GL552VW

Good day all,

I have got the laptop GL552VW but the temperature is get ting really hot like > 100 during gaming play. Normal use takes around 75 > 80.

I'm using pad cooling, external cooler and keyboard cooling and still getting hot in a environment of 22 degrees.

Anything could solve this matter?

Please note: This a laptop from 8 months ago, I have cleaned it, add thermal on the processor and graphic card.

Many thanks
11,354 Views
18 REPLIES 18

BoutTime01
Level 7
I undervolted my G752VT using ThrottleStop. Brought the temp down by 10 Deg C with no performance hit. In fact it benchmarked slightly higher.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01 wrote:
I undervolted my G752VT using ThrottleStop. Brought the temp down by 10 Deg C with no performance hit. In fact it benchmarked slightly higher.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk



Make me very unhappy!
My wife just got an Acer VX5 and without pad cooling it got 75º.
I need to use 3 coolers and still sucks.

I will try that app let's see later the results.

Have you done any configuration using ThrottleStop in your laptop?
How the temperature got down using an app?
Another question, how can I validate my fan to make sure that works fine?

Thanks!

BoutTime01
Level 7
Not sure about the fan but I lowered the voltage offset in ThrottleStop by -125mV and I have an i7-6700HQ.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01
Level 7
Does the GL552VW have two rubber bungs installed in the exhausts? If so don't forget to take them out when gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01 wrote:
Does the GL552VW have two rubber bungs installed in the exhausts? If so don't forget to take them out when gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk



I haven't checked the voltage yet.

But I have done a couple of things:

1. BIOS updated to 300, before was 218;
2. I have checked the rubber, there are no one;
3. I have increased the DVMT Pre-Allocated from 32 to 512;
4. Update the software of the chipset.

From that point what I did is monitor the temperature for each part of the laptop like, Memory, Graphic, Processor, etc;
What I saw from these parts are processor still goes to 99º and memory goes to 85º.

Graphic card keep always between 60º to 80º.

The processor I can decrease the voltage but and about the memory?
I have just a single channel of 8GB. I was thinking to upgrade it to 16 GB buying another stick to turn it DUAL CHANNEL.

BoutTime01
Level 7
I'm no expert I'm afraid. But undervolted dropped my CPU temp when gaming from 98 deg c to 89 deg c and my Gtx 970m GPU is around 75 Deg C with an 80mhz overclock using Gaming Center. Many users on here suggest Asus use an aggressive voltage for the CPUs in their gaming laptops. And many undervolt to drop the temp. That's what I did and it works perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BoutTime01 wrote:
I'm no expert I'm afraid. But undervolted dropped my CPU temp when gaming from 98 deg c to 89 deg c and my Gtx 970m GPU is around 75 Deg C with an 80mhz overclock using Gaming Center. Many users on here suggest Asus use an aggressive voltage for the CPUs in their gaming laptops. And many undervolt to drop the temp. That's what I did and it works perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk



Let me test the voltage and I can post the results.

Thank you for help 🙂

BoutTime01
Level 7
No problem. I'd recommend ThrottleStop which is a free download. I was able to set the voltage offset to -125mV. In fact I could go even lower but this value gave me the highest score in PCmark.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I was testing the voltage test , I had decreased a bit and temperature decrease as well just a bit.
My final resolution for this are:

MOST OF ASUS LAPTOP SUCKS because they are use only one fan when other brand use double fan, for example Acer VX5. It does not even need a pad cooling to stress with ultra settings and temperature lower than 80º. GREAT STUFF ASUS YOU MADE JUST A SINGLE FAN LOL ...

This is the last Asus I got and never anymore.

Thank you anyway and sorry about my angry.