cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to Connect GL752V to 4k TV @60hz

demalexx
Level 7
Hi,

I'd like to connect my notebook to 4k TV which supports 4k 60hz. But I only could get 4k at 30hz. I tried HDMI and mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Intel HD Graphics 530 does support 4k at 60 hz but still I can't get it on my TV.

Ok, suppose HDMI of this notebook is 1.4, not enough for 4k at 60hz. But DisplayPort should be capable?

Any help? Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

xeromist
Are you sure the TV supports 60hz input? Some TVs have a 60hz refresh but only accept 30hz input.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Are you sure the TV supports 60hz input? Some TVs have a 60hz refresh but only accept 30hz input.

I'm sure: http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/mu6300 🙂 That was one of primary goals to get 4k 60hz TV as monitor.

xeromist
Fair enough.

OK, I would try to set a custom resolution for 4k 60p as perhaps it isn't automatically recognized.

Also you may want to try a different HDMI cable if the current one isn't high enough quality.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Fair enough.

OK, I would try to set a custom resolution for 4k 60p as perhaps it isn't automatically recognized.

Also you may want to try a different HDMI cable if the current one isn't high enough quality.

I tried custom resolution through Intel HD Graphics software, it doesn't allow to set 4k 60hz, complaining "there is no enough bandwidth". I could try another HDMI cable, but it'd be better to know first if it's possible to get 4k 60hz from my GL752 notebook. I already bought 2 DP-HDMI adapters, and I'm afraid I'll have no luck with new cable as well.

xeromist
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question. The lack of bandwidth could be due to a limitation of your connection hardware or it could be a limitation of the laptop. You may need to wait for another user with a 4k display who can help you test.

I would also double check the specs on the DP-HDMI adapter and make sure it is certified for 4k60.

xeromist wrote:
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that question. The lack of bandwidth could be due to a limitation of your connection hardware or it could be a limitation of the laptop. You may need to wait for another user with a 4k display who can help you test.

I would also double check the specs on the DP-HDMI adapter and make sure it is certified for 4k60.

This. I've made this mistake before with DP to HDMI adapters.

Bran187 wrote:
This. I've made this mistake before with DP to HDMI adapters.

Sorry, what do you mean?

demalexx wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean?

We mean not all DP-HDMI adapters are the same. It might only be rated for 2k or 4k30p maximum. Or even if it is advertised as supporting 4k60p it may be lower quality and unable to actually work at that high of a throughput. We're not saying that is definitely the case but it is worth checking.

xeromist wrote:
We mean not all DP-HDMI adapters are the same. It might only be rated for 2k or 4k30p maximum. Or even if it is advertised as supporting 4k60p it may be lower quality and unable to actually work at that high of a throughput. We're not saying that is definitely the case but it is worth checking.

My adapter is Prolink MP417. I don't know if it supports 4k@60hz as their specs doesn't include fps and dp/hdmi versions. I just hope it supports 4k@60 because they promise high 21gbit/s bandwidth which should be DP 1.2 or even 1.3, and it's only required 12.5 gbit/s to have 4k@60.

But let aside my DP-HDMI adapter. I wonder if it's possible to connect this laptop to 4k@60 at all.