cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News...!!! 😔😔😔 Any real fix for rog gl504 hero 2 fps drops???

Vsparda
Level 7
Good day if i say is there any news about the real fix for rog gl504 hero 2 fps drops???..
93 REPLIES 93

Thorwyn wrote:
I currently own GL504GM SCAR (1060, 16GB) and updated to BIOS 307 using link provided in this thread. It fixed my issues in No Man's Sky, Witcher 3, COD4, Destiny 2, Battlefront II and Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which was dropping from regular FPS to like 20 every few seconds, but I encounter a new problem in Rocket League, which is dropping to like 5 FPS, but way less often, about once in 15 minutes (never happened before). Also I've been having sound problems, with sound randomly not working after waking from sleep or even shutdown, which BIOS update or any of the drivers didn't yet manage to fix.

try playing rocket league at overboost fan speed and with the sound i have same issue but just try playing music first before opening any games

Vsparda wrote:
try playing rocket league at overboost fan speed and with the sound i have same issue but just try playing music first before opening any games

I have the same sound issue. No sound after sleep on bios 306 and audio driver 6.0.1.8544.
I had this problem before but it fixed itself after an update. It has now returned.
Disabling and enabling the speaker under playback devices in the sound options fixes it temporarily, but it will happen again if the pc goes to sleep. Hopefully an audio driver update will fix this soon.

I fixed the problem with Rocket League, just undervolted with Throttlestop by -100 mV and temperatures of CPU dropped from around 90 to max 75 C. Also, not sure why, GPU got cooler by some 7-8 degrees. And most important of all, ironically my temperatures are slightly better in silent mode than balanced or overboost xD
Still having problems with sound tho. When I think about it, I don't think I had it before I formatted the notebook.
I didn't notice anything wrong with 307 BIOS, even if it was meant for HERO, it fixed most of my SCAR performance problems. And yes, it's GM not GS.
Before updating to 307 from 303 I tried about everything, from changing each game's settings manually, and through NVidia panel, then formatting the system, temperatures of both CPU and GPU were around 80-85 most of the time so the problem wasn't there. And all of the massive FPS drops were fixed only after this update - now I can even use the cooling pad normally.

Thorwyn wrote:
I fixed the problem with Rocket League, just undervolted with Throttlestop by -100 mV and temperatures of CPU dropped from around 90 to max 75 C. Also, not sure why, GPU got cooler by some 7-8 degrees. And most important of all, ironically my temperatures are slightly better in silent mode than balanced or overboost xD
Still having problems with sound tho. When I think about it, I don't think I had it before I formatted the notebook.
I didn't notice anything wrong with 307 BIOS, even if it was meant for HERO, it fixed most of my SCAR performance problems. And yes, it's GM, not GS.
Before updating to 307 from 303 I tried about everything, from changing each game's settings manually, and through NVidia panel, then formatting the system, temperatures of both CPU and GPU were around 80-85 most of the time so the problem wasn't there. And all of the massive FPS drops were fixed only after this update - now I can even use the cooling pad normally.

My guess is that Rocket League favours a constant CPU frequency archived by not having a thermal throttle. Also, in silent mode, the CPU is capped at 35W compares to full 45W. That's why it runs cooler.

Thorwyn wrote:
I didn't notice anything wrong with 307 BIOS, even if it was meant for HERO, it fixed most of my SCAR performance problems. And yes, it's GM not GS.

Wait so you fixed it on your SCAR by updating to the bios 307...shiiittt now im so tempted to update mine

Fullrom wrote:
Wait so you fixed it on your SCAR by updating to the bios 307...shiiittt now im so tempted to update mine

before you do that consult the asus center first just to make sure if it is also compatible with scar 2

Vsparda wrote:
before you do that consult the asus center first just to make sure if it is also compatible with scar 2

How is that relevant since it is an unofficial bios, i won't find anything in the asus center?

Fullrom wrote:
How is that relevant since it is an unofficial bios, i won't find anything in the asus center?

well some people say asus has released this version on there country much earlier than ours so i assumed the released date for our country is very delay on this version

Vsparda wrote:
well some people say asus has released this version on there country much earlier than ours so i assumed the released date for our country is very delay on this version

Makes sense! thank you kindly!

I've installed this BIOS 307 and undervolt my CPU at .085. I got better framerate on PUBG, lower temps < 85C , inclined my laptop and use a cooling PAD. Playing Assasins Creed Odyssey didnt improve any framerate, only temps