cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New STRIX SCAR II GL504 laptop - how to install newest Nvidia drivers?

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Every time I try to install the it says they are not compatible with my laptop...yet I am downloading the 20XX notebook drivers. It says it cannot find my GPU on my laptop. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to use the drivers from the asus support page?
4 REPLIES 4

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Well I figured out a great work around for installing drivers. The ASUS Drivers on the support site are old 417 version. I downloaded GeForce Experience and it told me to update drivers, so I let it do it's thing and it updated my new GL504GW with full RTX 2070 to the latest 419.35 drivers! I tried downloading both standalone drivers from NVIDIA before and neither would work...not the notebook or desktop versions. For some reason letting GFE do it worked perfectly.

mbushnaq00
Level 10
You need to download the DCH version of the notebook drivers to work with the Scar II

mbushnaq00 wrote:
You need to download the DCH version of the notebook drivers to work with the Scar II

Thanks for the post, I don't see where to download those? I will definitely do that next time.

Sprayingmango wrote:
Thanks for the post, I don't see where to download those? I will definitely do that next time.

Refer to the screenshot