cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new gl502vmk realtek audio driver from asus website messed up something

necrophyte
Level 7
today i noticed that asus offers a newer realtek audio driver for my notebook (gl502vmk, bios 302, w10enterprise 64bit - https://www.asus.com/lk/support/Download/3/871/0/7/AKlM57EfLcqOGiAN/45/) - V6.0.1.8142 instead of my previously installed version V6.0.1.8051.

so i tried to install it, but after the automatic uninstall of the current driver and the restart, the installation of the new driver failed with error -000. though device manager still stated version ...8142 as the currently installed driver, so it seems to have succeeded. what i noticed is that when i plugged in my headphones, there was no red rog pop up window anymore that said that i plugged in headphones, and which also automatically switched the volume to my default headphone volume (which differs from my speaker volume).

still, i wanted to have a successfully installed audio driver, so i uninstalled it and tried again - same. so i went to the realtek website and tried the newest driver there - 6.0.1.8186. this one installed without any errors, but still there is no red rog pop up window anymore when i plug in my headphones and the volume isnt changed either.

so i reverted back to 8051 - but neither then this pop up window and automatic volume change appeared!

so something seems to have been broken since installing the newest realtek driver ***offered on asus website***...
i really only want this rog pop up window again that appears when i plug in my headphones and which automatically switches the volume to the one used when headphones are plugged in.

any help?
12 REPLIES 12

GunsAndRozer
Level 7
necrophyte wrote:
today i noticed that asus offers a newer realtek audio driver for my notebook (gl502vmk, bios 302, w10enterprise 64bit - https://www.asus.com/lk/support/Download/3/871/0/7/AKlM57EfLcqOGiAN/45/) - V6.0.1.8142 instead of my previously installed version V6.0.1.8051.

so i tried to install it, but after the automatic uninstall of the current driver and the restart, the installation of the new driver failed with error -000. though device manager still stated version ...8142 as the currently installed driver, so it seems to have succeeded. what i noticed is that when i plugged in my headphones, there was no red rog pop up window anymore that said that i plugged in headphones, and which also automatically switched the volume to my default headphone volume (which differs from my speaker volume).

still, i wanted to have a successfully installed audio driver, so i uninstalled it and tried again - same. so i went to the realtek website and tried the newest driver there - 6.0.1.8186. this one installed without any errors, but still there is no red rog pop up window anymore when i plug in my headphones and the volume isnt changed either.

so i reverted back to 8051 - but neither then this pop up window and automatic volume change appeared!

so something seems to have been broken since installing the newest realtek driver ***offered on asus website***...
i really only want this rog pop up window again that appears when i plug in my headphones and which automatically switches the volume to the one used when headphones are plugged in.

any help?

i got the same problem , i already made a support ticket.this is not your fault , its the driver it self .wait for new update .i already roll back to old driver.since the 2nd newer driver doesn't have sonic studio 😞 im waiting for new driver .man its pain why they do this kind of work on premium laptop 😞 grrr

necrophyte
Level 7
the file has been removed from the download page, so obviously they have as well spotted an issue with it 😉

necrophyte wrote:
the file has been removed from the download page, so obviously they have as well spotted an issue with it 😉

Its back but now messing up sonice suite