cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need G74S Replacement Board

BlayneRTFM
Level 7
I have a Asus G74S laptop with a dead motherboard and I am having an impossible time trying to find a replacement board that matches the part number. So I may be forced to buy a different board than the original.

The board I have is PN:60 - N56MB2800 - B07 PT:N0AS1136MB0052884 69N0L8M18B07
Rev: 2.0

I have found many boards with the part # PN:60 - N56MB2900 - A04. These boards look exactly the same as the board I have with one exception: there is a connector right below the left fan connector which I believe has something to do with the 3D display. I saw on a website someone calling it the 3D emitter cable.

My board has only 4 cables going to the LCD panel: the 2 antenna wires, the Video cable and what I think is called the CMOS cable. But there are apparently some models of this laptop with an extra cable going to the LCD panel which one site again is calling the 3D emitter cable. The laptop I have is also 3D so I am not sure why it doesn't have this other cable.

So I need to know if anyone can tell me if this board will work in this laptop or where I can find a board that will work in it. I'd really like to know what the extra cable is for and why some models have it and some don't as well. I am a computer tech and the system is no longer under warranty so I am not about to send it away for repair.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

cl-scott
Level 12
You could send it in for an OOW repair. I have a little OOW estimation tool, but the number it gave me is ridiculously low, so I don't even want to give it because I'm 99.999999999999% positive it's wrong.

But at least in the North America region, if you send it in, even OOW, they'll give you an estimate and get your authorization on the cost before beginning repairs.

hoagtech
Level 7
I would start by getting an illuminated magnifying glass and check for bulges on the capacitors, and crack open the PSU and do the same. They have little numbers that tell you their microferrets (uf), You can order them from the web and de-solder /re-solder the "suspicious looking ones"