cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ****s getting warm as ****

korre
Level 9
Hhhhheeeerroo!

So, had my computer for almost 6 months now. And jsut recently it started working pretty loud and ****, and I noticed on the right side of the keypad enter to numpad, is hot as ****. Not like dramaticly hot that it will just melt like a piece of plastic with volcano dripping ontop of it... But somewhat it's scaring me, usually It was below room temperature. Now it's uncomfortable having ur pawns resting there or fingers resting between typing..

What do you suggest I should do? I know the answer is cleaning, but how do I clean this beast?
19 REPLIES 19

korre
Level 9
forgot to tell you it's the SW Model!

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

I want to agree that it's no good solution to clean the notebook from dust. I miss the option to open up the whole underside and have free access to the fans without disassembling the whole notebook.

If you're not comfortable with disassembling your notebook, the best you can do is to buy some compressed air and blow it into the exhaust, and pray for that it's a lot of dust is coming out 😛
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

chrsplmr
Level 18
thats a little too hot though.. are you sure all the fans are spinning.. it would almost
have to be plugged for that kind of heat... or a piece of tape/debris or something.. better it be
taken apart and looked at.. before air.. air as maint..but i wouldnt think/repair.
wut do u think fuzon?.. with all due respect.c.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Since he says that the notebook is so warm up by the numlock key, so is it actually the best idea to open the notebook to see if he can find something that makes it be so hot.

Something is certainly not correct when the heat is coming up through the KB though
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

BrodyBoy
Level 10
There are only two components that would normally generate that much heat...the CPU and the GPU. But those tend to be more centrally located.

I can't tell from his post what model notebook he has, but if the hot area is directly over the power jack, I would shut down the computer and RMA it, ASAP. (In a G74, for example.....that it the only component in that area that could generate heat like that.

@korre: When it feels hot, unplug the AC cord and touch the jack. If it's noticeably hot, shut down and RMA.

fuzon1337
Level 10
By looking at @korre's "thread started" he got an G73SW

So to help you out, the graphic card is the one that can make such heat at the place he describes ...
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
By looking at @korre's "thread started" he got an G73SW

So to help you out, the graphic card is the one that can make such heat at the place he describes ...

I must have read his description wrong....I thought he said to the right of the numpad.....which would put it all the way over toward the edge. If it's somewhere else, more directly under the keyboard, then yeah, it's got to be the GPU or CPU.

If it's one of those, I wouldn't even use the computer until it's at least cleaned out and re-pasted. Especially if it's the GPU, as you say. Overheating can permanently fry the chip.

chrsplmr
Level 18
agreed...... this needs a serious look.

aaaaa.... korre?

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hmm, he says: "on the right side of the keypad enter to numpad"

So it is fully possibility that I'm reading/understanding this wrong.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- BIOS 205