cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May i know your GL502VS-DS71 120hz screen part number. Trying to upgrade 60hz to 120h

Ninniez3779
Level 7
Hi there,

I own an Asus GL502VS-DB71 with 60hz monitor and would like to upgrade to 120hz monitor as in GL502VS-DS71.
As I found out that disassembly and reassembly is not actually difficult so I really want to change my screen from 60hz to 120hz.

The problem is that I cannot find a part to replace or even a part number, I would like to ask any of you guys who own 120hz version disassemble it and have a look at the part number. I'm kind of optimistic that it would work because, it's only a minor change, and changing only screen would boost a sale with very little to none change in the system.

Or anyone can actually confirm that it can be replace and change to 120hz would be super cool! However if none have done it, I will do a guide for that but I still need a part number though.

Ps. The part number should be in format similar to: "LP156WF6-SPB6" (this is from 60hz screen).

Thank you in advance!
Cheers!

Khanin
5 REPLIES 5

Radium
Level 7
I am also curious to know the model number of the display on the GL502VS-DS71 (120Hz) as well and if it would be possible to purchase a replacement for my GL502VS-DB71. Thanks!

Thread below where the guy lists the part number and he got everything to work except gsync.

AU OPTRONICS B156HAN04.3

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/changing-the-asus-rog-strix-gl502vs-db71-to-a-15-6-120hz-pan...

I did the same thing and I've also gotten everything to work except for G-SYNC. Any ideas on how to get that too?

Do you guys know of any vendor in US who can do this for me ? (Change the 60Hz panel with 120Hz panel, I have GL502VS-WS71 and would like to have the 120Hz panel on GL502VS-DS71) . Any contacts would be great. Thanks in Advance !!!! 🙂

Nospheratus
Level 7
Ninniez3779 wrote:
Hi there,

I own an Asus GL502VS-DB71 with 60hz monitor and would like to upgrade to 120hz monitor as in GL502VS-DS71.
As I found out that disassembly and reassembly is not actually difficult so I really want to change my screen from 60hz to 120hz.

The problem is that I cannot find a part to replace or even a part number, I would like to ask any of you guys who own 120hz version disassemble it and have a look at the part number. I'm kind of optimistic that it would work because, it's only a minor change, and changing only screen would boost a sale with very little to none change in the system.

Or anyone can actually confirm that it can be replace and change to 120hz would be super cool! However if none have done it, I will do a guide for that but I still need a part number though.

Ps. The part number should be in format similar to: "LP156WF6-SPB6" (this is from 60hz screen).

Thank you in advance!
Cheers!

Khanin

Did you replace the screen and were you able to get G-Sync to work?
Also, I haven't found any information about the process of replacing the screen. Do you have any pictures or videos doing that?