cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop not boot up after ram upgrade

ThePr019
Level 7

Hey, I add ram with the same parameters to my gl553v but it won't wake up. I tried new crucial and used from samsung with the same result. Do you have any solution?

1 REPLY 1

C-V-N
Level 12

A few troubleshooting steps to consider:

Check the Installation: Ensure that the RAM sticks are properly seated in the slots. Sometimes, improper installation can prevent the system from booting.

Try Individual Sticks: Attempt booting the system with each new RAM stick separately. This will help identify whether the issue lies with a specific stick.

Reset CMOS: Resetting the CMOS might help if there are any conflicts arising from the change in hardware. Refer to your motherboard's manual for instructions on how to perform a CMOS reset.

Check Compatibility: Although the RAM sticks you purchased are theoretically compatible, there could be specific compatibility issues not apparent at first. Check for any specific recommendations or guidelines from your motherboard manufacturer regarding RAM compatibility.

Power Supply Check: Ensure that your power supply is capable of handling the new RAM configuration. Sometimes, adding more powerful components may require a more substantial power supply unit.

Update BIOS: Even if you have attempted to update the BIOS, ensure you have the latest version available for your motherboard. Sometimes, specific updates might be required to fully support new RAM configurations.

Professional Assistance: If you've exhausted all options and are still unable to resolve the issue, consider seeking professional assistance from a local computer repair shop or contacting the manufacturer's support services for further guidance.

By following these steps, you can troubleshoot the issue and hopefully identify the root cause of the problem. If the issue persists, it's essential to seek expert advice to prevent any potential damage to your system.