cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop missing Intel Integrated Graphics? (GL703VM, 7700HQ)

Re7r0
Level 7
Hi. I recently bought a GL703VM with a 1060GTX and 7700HQ. I've always thought that all intel processors handle the so called integrated GPU but I cannot seem to find it as a seperate device in the device manager. I read some articles and from what I found the 7700HQ's Intel graphics is the 630. However when I try to install any drivers for it, I get the error "The system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install this software... etc". My question is, is there any Intel Graphics on my laptop at all and if so, is it somehow disabled as I can only see the 1060GTX as a graphic adapter? Let me know if you guys need some other info that I missed. Cheers.
7 REPLIES 7

FastM
Level 8
Re7r0 wrote:
Hi. I recently bought a GL703VM with a 1060GTX and 7700HQ. I've always thought that all intel processors handle the so called integrated GPU but I cannot seem to find it as a seperate device in the device manager. I read some articles and from what I found the 7700HQ's Intel graphics is the 630. However when I try to install any drivers for it, I get the error "The system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to install this software... etc". My question is, is there any Intel Graphics on my laptop at all and if so, is it somehow disabled as I can only see the 1060GTX as a graphic adapter? Let me know if you guys need some other info that I missed. Cheers.

This is the one downside to having a G-SYNC internal monitor. For G-SYNC to work the NVidia GPU needs to be directly connected to the internal panel and cant passthrough the IGPU. For this reason the Intel IGPU is disabled on our systems.

FastM wrote:
This is the one downside to having a G-SYNC internal monitor. For G-SYNC to work the NVidia GPU needs to be directly connected to the internal panel and cant passthrough the IGPU. For this reason the Intel IGPU is disabled on our systems.

There is no G-SYNC in GL703 line up. And there is no Intel integrated graphics. GTX 1060 only.
G614JV

DeltaActual wrote:
There is no G-SYNC in GL703 line up. And there is no Intel integrated graphics. GTX 1060 only.

I didn’t realize Asus dropped GSYNC in those models. I will take a guess that they are using a similar/same motherboard as systems that do have GSYNC displays and the way it’s made probably makes the Optimas feature impossible.. just a guess however..

Pacze
Level 7
Re7r0 wrote:

Hi i have the same laptop and problem ,have you find any solution?

Pacze wrote:
Hi i have the same laptop and problem ,have you find any solution?

If the motherboard doesn't connect those pins on the CPU you will not be able to enable it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

JustinThyme
Level 13
None of the ROG laptops have the Intel graphics enabled AFAIK.*
Only time I see this active on laptops are mobile workstations with *quadro graphics and those that do not have discrete graphics at all. 3 G series machines don’t have the ability yet my Lenovo P50 with M2000 quadro works just fine.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Older ROG laptops definitely had the Intel HD enabled, can't say about the new as the GL703VM is my first more recent ROG. I've had 2 before the GL703VM and both had it enabled (I believe one was with i7 4 series, not sure about the other one)