cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard issues for gl702v

jalhpepe
Level 7
Hello everyone, recently I have started having Issues with a few keys, I restarted the pc and It came back normal. The issue just came back and it is even worse, no keys work now, just the function keys with the secondary uses FN + F10 to mute, etc etc etc. I have tried the following:

1. reset bios to defaults. nothing. ( keyboard doesn't even works on the bios menu)

2. Windows restore. nothing.

3. Windows update. nothing.

4. Factory reset. nothing.

So i have started using a secondary keyboard to keep using it. On computer management, there is an unknown device. I assume there is a driver issue, but sometime as well with the bios ( maybe ) .

I'm out of ideas and the only thing left to do is contact Asus for a warranty.
2 REPLIES 2

Dreano
Level 7
Wow no replies and i have this issue. No one out there can help or shed some light? It sounds like something on the mobo is dead which is very bad news and pretty bad for a £2000 laptop less than two years old. Anyone with any ideas?

This is what fixed it for my GL702VS that had all keys not working in Windows/BIOS apart from power button. The fix is for many different GL series laptops.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88918-G752VS-ASUS-Keyboard-Adjustment-Tool/page12

My keyboard is now working 100%.