cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my asus rog strix gl702vm touchpad right click - solved?

mconan
Level 7
So the right click on my asus laptop doesn't work each time i restart my computer. If i repair or rollback the driver it works until I restart.
Then it stops working again. My laptop is 3 days old. I have done a reset of windows which fixed the issue for a time, however now it is back.
I spoke with asus who told me they will not replace or refund . 3 days old. pretty unhappy, the representative also told me that they are aware of a firmware updating causing this issue and it is not resolved.

$1500 I spent on a machine that does not have basic functions working, then i am told i am not entitled to a refund. On top of this I bought the laptop on the basis that is has thunderbolt, however the thunderbolt on the machine is 10gpbs not 40. meaning i can not use it for an external graphics card hub.

All in all pretty unhappy about the situation, i regret buying the laptop and wish I had got the msi......

Anyone who can offer a solution to the right click not functioning would be helpful as it seems I am stuck with the laptop despite the fact it doesn't work properly.
$1500 is a large investment for me and to get something that doesn't work properly is upsetting, I am actually wondering the legal reality of giving a customer a faulty product in terms of returns and refunds.
its actuall the 502 version
33 REPLIES 33

mbawkher wrote:
Nol luck, the problem has returned and my right click button is no longer functioning like it used to (even after the update).

I have heard that other users reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch via USB to resolve this issue. Has this worked for anyone here?

Or is this really a software/driver issue that can be fixed via an update.

I have a ROG-502VM for anyone's reference.

Please help me solve this issue!

Thanks

Same thing happened to me. I don't understand how it's only affecting us and no one else is reporting on the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm the owner of an ASUS ROG GL502VY. I can say that my problem was fixed since the moment windows installed the update called "Cumulative update for windows 10 version 1607"
However this same thing happened to me like a month ago with this similar update which fixed the right click issue but then suddenly it stopped working again.... anyways as far for now the update was installed on 12/13/2016 so since then the right click have been working fine and I hope it keeps like this.

I will report back if the issue comes again.

same happened to me, solution i found was:

go to device manager find human interface device and disable and enable touchbar

alex9 wrote:
same happened to me, solution i found was:

go to device manager find human interface device and disable and enable touchbar

Is this a permanent fix or temporary?

for me yes, it's permanently.

note i have bought my laptop(gl502vm) few days ago and windows install is fresh with all updates

H2O_King89
Level 7
Thank you for the fast reply. I've returned my gl502. Would anyone want to try this solution and report?

you returned it only because of right click? have you tried clean install?

also can you be kind and take a look on my issues whit this model https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89640-GL502VM-CPU-gets-100C&p=622676#post622676

my is overheating

I got this issue once, but on a GL502VMK.

I only restarted the laptop and the problem was gone!

H2O_King89
Level 7
Tried doing a windows reset via setting.
Every time I tried it failed

Don't have a USB to try a clean install. I may pick this model up again if the issue gets fix and maybe Wait for Kaby Lake VSK?

right click just gone again on my laptop, looks like i need to repeat procedure(disable-enable) after every reboot or new boot

ridicules for money we paid for this machines.

---- I may pick this model up again if the issue gets fix and maybe Wait for Kaby Lake VSK?

it depends on your needs, i personally bought this laptop(256ssd+1tb. 1060gtx) because it's cost me 1330euros instead of 1600euros and i'm currently own only old macbook from 2011