cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Asus anti-dust cooling system with two 12 V fans really effective?

Aguy10
Level 7
Hi to all!

I would like to buy the

ASUS GL703GS-E5011 - Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2 GHz, 9M Cache, up to 4.1 GHz), 16GB DDR4 (1 mem.slot free), 256GB PCIE G3X4 SSD + 1TB 540

but before that I would like to know if it has good cooling?

Is the Asus anti-dust cooling system with two 12 V fans really effective?

Please tell me.

Thanks to all in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

davemon50
Level 11
I opened up both my G752VT and G752VY recently to add a drive and was surprised at how clean they were inside. They both use the same anti-dust system but use 5V fans. They are 2 years old and get constant use.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
I opened up both my G752VT and G752VY recently to add a drive and was surprised at how clean they were inside. They both use the same anti-dust system but use 5V fans. They are 2 years old and get constant use.

Thank you for replying!
I would also please you to tell me if the fans are really effective in the cooling of the CPU and the GPU while heavy gaming?

davemon50
Level 11
My laptops stay cool, yes. My son and I game a lot. However, I don't own the model that you are considering above and all laptops are designed differently with different components so I can't comment on that model's cooling performance, only the dust mechanism.
Davemon50

JustinThyme
Level 13
Cool is a subjective statement. IMO they all run hot and expect full bore fans while under heavy load. Keep them on a flat hard surface not your lap or on a bed etc so the air intake is not obstructed.*

Cool, notebook and*high performance do not belong in the same sentence regardless of the manufacturer. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein