cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to install a nvme of 1T on a GL753VD? ...And a Sata M.2 of 500GB?

lplpl
Level 7
I own a GL753VD with an empty slot in which it is possible to install both a Sata 3 M.2 or an NVME Gen3 x4, and after asking the technical service of Asus I have been told that I can only install a Sata 3 of 128GB or 256GB or an NVME of 256GB or 500GB. After reading many articles and seeing many videos in several languages, had not found anyone who referred to this limitation, so I had always thougth that in a Slot of this type it is possible to install an M.2 SSD of any storage capacity, being this 128, 250, 500 or 1000GB. However the technician of Asus insists on it, if I install a Sata 3 of 500GB or a NVME of 1T... will not work. It brings the matter to my head, really. Does what he says have logic?
On the other hand, he also tells me that in the port where the original HDD is installed, specifically a 1T Toshiva of 7200 RPM, it is not possible to install a regular SSD of 2.5", none, of any capacity. Frankly, the guy broke me, and everything I had understood so far about the matter has been discarded. That's why it would be very helpful for someone here to clarify to me the matter.
So, definitily...
Is it possible to install a NVME Gen.3 x4 of 1TERA on a GL753VD?
And... a Sata 3 M.2 of 500GB?
Regarding the third question I had already found an answer in another thread of this same forum, and apparently it is possible to install a regular SSD Sata in the port where the HDD is. But..
.. can I install a Sata SSD of 2.5" with a capacity of 2T?
Thanks a lot for your help guys, it's very valuable, really apreciated
1 REPLY 1

lplpl
Level 7
I opened this thread in another section with very few visits and now they have moved it to this other section but as it has already entered the second page, so I pass it to the first, so that it has an opportunity to be answered. Sorry