Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want he G75 but they dont let me buy it

pcorreiamd
Level 8
So my main problem is that in Portugal where I live they have only this model:

G75VW-T1066V

Intel Core i7-3610QM 4x 2.3GHz Turbo-Boost bis zu 3.3 GHz (EDIT: 3720 from retailer below)
16GB DDR3 RAM
750GB 7200rpm + 256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5
6x Blu-ray RW
17.3" FULL HD (1920x1080) LED Backlight
GigE/802.11n WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0
4xUSB 3.0 / Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

And I really wanted this one (or equivalent):

USA Newegg G75VW-NS72 - Faster CPU, 16GB mem, Blu-ray burner.

Intel Core i7-3720QM 4x 2.6GHz Turbo-Boost bis zu 3.6 GHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
750GB HDD 7200rpm + 256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M 3GB GDDR5
Blu-Ray Burner
17.3" FULL HD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlight
GigE/802.11n WiFi/Bluetooth 4.0
4xUSB 3.0 / Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

So I contacted already 3 retailers and they say that the T1066V its all we are gonna have. I tried contacting Asus PT but they only have technical service and couldn't inform me on models... So now what?

1-My country has special keyboard keys which I dont think I will find in another place but still I was considering an English keyboard. But the Processor which I want, as far as I know, is only available in the USA. Is there any way of knowing which models will be available? Should I Import it? And If I had to return it due to defects would it be possible?

2-My friend just bought an M18x with the GTX675M from alienware fully customized even the keyboard. I really wanted to buy the G75VW can anybody tell me how I can do that? Thanks 😉
When I look at the ECG and see the patient crashing I remember all my training with Windows and just restart his Heart.
15 REPLIES 15

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
looks like you need to buy from the internet bro is you want USA g75vw

Yeah but shipping from the USA is a problem. I was just wondering if anybody knew an European model with the 3720 processor???
When I look at the ECG and see the patient crashing I remember all my training with Windows and just restart his Heart.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Why is shipping a problem ? I have received packages from Portugal without issue .. took a bit of time -- like a month..but it came.

The actual difference in cpu's is negligible @ best. (but 'we' understand .. hehe)
What 'other' differences might there be ? Keyboard, OS ... hmmm ?
Best of Luck ... c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Why is shipping a problem ? I have received packages from Portugal without issue .. took a bit of time -- like a month..but it came.

The actual difference in cpu's is negligible @ best. (but 'we' understand .. hehe)
What 'other' differences might there be ? Keyboard, OS ... hmmm ?
Best of Luck ... c.

Well, Newegg is the only retailer I found (check models list in forum) that sells the 3720 processor with the gtx670, i know it is a small change from the 3610 but for the extra buck it is worth it, but they dont ship internationally . The rest of the computer specs in Portugal are great they are all maxed out plus the portuguese keyboard. If anybody could find me another retailer maybe I would have better luck but from what I can see Newegg is the only one 😞

Maybe I will have to buy the 3610 but it makes mad that I cant have another version. I have already started looking for Alienware and MSI equivalents but I am quite fond of Asus. Its my 3rd laptop and I was always happy with them. Everytime I replaced them because I needed better not because they broke.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Custom shops dont seem to have the 3720 listed .. but post the 3610 as (upgradable) ..
perhaps a custom shop there would be a possible solution..
but does it void the warranty ? is another question. no idea.
and with the 'need' of the portuguese keyboard .. sounds like a 'crap-shoot'
if that could be changed out from another version .. ie U.S....

I would choose the 3610 model over Either of the others you mention.c.

Holy
Level 7
If a custom shop upgrades the cpu it will not void tge warrenty.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Yeah keyboard wouldnt be an issue, like I said I dont mind having a Qwerty in English. But having it upgraded just seems like a waste of money even in a custom shop, which I also have no knowledge of. What is strange here is that even Asus says it exists, in all the world we see only one model with it, the NS72. I think I will go with Holy here, the maxed out portuguese version with the 3610 is still the best way to go overall. I will give it a couple of months to see if they release something new and also to check the competition. I was checking the M17x from alienware but even with same specs its a lot more expensive... Thanks

Well, I'm in Portugal and I bought the exact model you say there is in Portugal. I also looked for some other line up of G75 before buying and I was also told there will be no diferent model in Portugal. Also I think (You must confirm this first) that you can buy the model you want ship if from USA or the country where it sells and then subscribe Asus Global Warranty that gives you warranty in any country including Portugal. This way you will supposedly have no problems getting assistance here, and no need to ship it back or whatever.

Just confirm all this info first with Asus.

Hope it helps.

kif wrote:
Well, I'm in Portugal and I bought the exact model you say there is in Portugal. I also looked for some other line up of G75 before buying and I was also told there will be no diferent model in Portugal. Also I think (You must confirm this first) that you can buy the model you want ship if from USA or the country where it sells and then subscribe Asus Global Warranty that gives you warranty in any country including Portugal. This way you will supposedly have no problems getting assistance here, and no need to ship it back or whatever.

Just confirm all this info first with Asus.

Hope it helps.

kif thanks for the info. How are you enjoying the G75? Any problems like some of the other roguers? And If you dont mind me asking, where did you buy it? Thanks