cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Asus Strix G512 thats not doing the 4 zone lighting on the keyboard

NinqaZ
Level 7

I bought this laptop recently brand new and in the photos online it showed it can do a 4 zone multi coloured rgb colour. but when I attempt to put on the rainbow preset it only does the color cycle only. Same in the armoury crate there is no rainbow option just the color cycle. I have tried different apps and i manage to get multi coloured for the strip lights on the edges but just no luck for the keyboard. Was it something to do with the updates?, do i need to downgrade a update to the keyboard?
Cheers
6 REPLIES 6

world
Do you have the specific model number of your laptop?

It seems there are a few different keyboard RGB configurations depending on the exact model you have

Its a Asus Strix G512LI

world
Any chance you have a longer model number? Such as (G512L-IAL008T) Or if you can't find that, what are the specs for your laptop?

Depending on the configuration of your G512, it could have either 1 zone or 4 zone RGB lighting.

https://rog.asus.com/my/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-g15-series/spec/

Oh haha I know which one I have now. I didn't know they made different ones with 4 zone lighting and a gpu upgrade. Atleast now I don't have to be frustrated on why it wouldn't work

Mohammad_rs
Level 7

Same issue

Did you find a way ?

M0NG0
Level 10

Aura Installed? If not Un-inistall AC and re-install.

Like world said if you have and of these they are single zone.

ROG Strix G15 G512
G512LI-HN166R

ROG Strix G15 G512
G512LI-HN167R

ROG Strix G15 G512
G512LI-HN184R

M⊕NG⊙