cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How well is cooled the ASUS GL703GS-E5011 ?

Aguy10
Level 7
Hi all,

I would like to know now well is cooled the ASUS GL703GS-E5011?

Edit:Also does this laptop have any known issues?

Please tell me.

Thanks to all in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
They are cooled about as well as such a machine can be but expect screaming fans and hot temps under high loads and a very short run time on battery.**Both of the cons are among the chief complaints but if you know going in that this is more of a desktop replacement and you can only cool so much in such a small space you can make a more informed decision.*

So if you are looking for punch is a small package and can accept you won’t make an hour on battery and it gets very loud as well as performance drops when not plugged in then it’s great.

If you are looking for quiet and long battery run time your search should continue. *My favorite analogy is high performance and quiet with long battery run time don’t belong in the same sentence let alone the same book. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
They are cooled about as well as such a machine can be but expect screaming fans and hot temps under high loads and a very short run time on battery.**Both of the cons are among the chief complaints but if you know going in that this is more of a desktop replacement and you can only cool so much in such a small space you can make a more informed decision.*

So if you are looking for punch is a small package and can accept you won’t make an hour on battery and it gets very loud as well as performance drops when not plugged in then it’s great.

If you are looking for quiet and long battery run time your search should continue. *My favorite analogy is high performance and quiet with long battery run time don’t belong in the same sentence let alone the same book. *

Thank you for replying!

I would also like to know if this laptop has any known issues?