Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High temp on asus gl702vs even when web surfing

shin90
Level 7
Hi everyone I have a high temp on my asus gl702vs

GTX 1070 with i7 7700HQ

The temps now are 55c for CPU with -0.135 under-volt and 60c for the GPU I did not play anything today the temps are not creazy high when playing . I have seen people with way lower temps with same laptop while web surfing or normal use . I re-pasted the laptop with a great thermal paste. ambient temp is 34c outside but AC is on so it should be lower.

7 REPLIES 7

shin90
Level 7
Could you guys share your temp while not gaming for the same laptop?

I don't have the same model, but i get the same temps browsing when I'm plugged in with power supply. If I unplug I go down about 10 degrees. Are you plugged in with those temps?

Blake1
Level 10
Hello shin90,
From your description, the temperature is not really abnormal.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello shin90,
From your description, the temperature is not really abnormal.
Thank you.

My friend has the same laptop, I asked him about the temp and he sent me a pic of MSI gaming center with temp in the 40s for both the CPU and GPU. I also saw someone on the internet trying to sell his laptop with way cooler temps.

Now my CPU temp is 61 and GPU 66 without doing anything heavy, noting more than watching videos and surfing the internet and that's okay?

shin90 wrote:
My friend has the same laptop, I asked him about the temp and he sent me a pic of MSI gaming center with temp in the 40s for both the CPU and GPU. I also saw someone on the internet trying to sell his laptop with way cooler temps.

Now my CPU temp is 61 and GPU 66 without doing anything heavy, noting more than watching videos and surfing the internet and that's okay?

Again, are you plugged in or unplugged? There's a pretty big jump in temp when it's plugged in. The same thing happened with my old Acer laptop too, and probably every laptop I've had.

Fortunately, the ROG batteries are dope, and I can work unplugged for around 4-5 hours, so I'll often unplug unless gaming. I'm sure you know it's better for your battery, too.

Also, notice how I'm using the Manual fan speed setting. I have my fans set to blast when I'm plugged in cuz I'm cognizant of the temperature jump. I don't mind the fan noise personally.

I think your GPU temp is weird though, if you're not doing anything besides browsing... Mine stays around 40C when not gaming.

Plugged, I don't have any idea why its high without heavy load.
I played Bloodstained today and the temps were less than 70c for both CPU&GPU. When not doing something heavy the GPU clock always at 1442 and memory clock at 4006 maybe that is the problem?

So I did a fresh install of windows and everything working great again temps are 50c and lower for both the CPU&GPU.