cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! G531GW Network Adapter Code 10

JonTeoh
Level 7
Hi, I encountered an issue and keeps persisting.

My G531GW laptop network adapter keeps having error of Code 10 and does not allow my machine to use WiFi. I have reinstalled old drivers for the network adapter but still no luck and still having code 10 error during download and servers connection in games. (Which I suspect, as it happens during those events).

Restart of machine does not solve the code 10 error.

This just make my laptop really unusable and just might as well be paper weight.

Please help..
8 REPLIES 8

xeromist
I don't know if you still have a warranty but you should probably contact technical support. This can be driver related but it can also be an indication of failing hardware.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

raju2529
Level 7
Jontech. Will you give me WiFi device hardware ID , you can find in device manager.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My network adapter device is Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz.

Driver version is 22.0.0.6.

Currently it only works on normal web browsing. Anything other than that, calling apps (Discord/Microsoft Teams) or in games when trying to connect to the game servers, always causes the network adapter to have the Code 10 error.

hi JonTeoh,
try to follow the solution which is given by intel community moderator for this same wifi device problem.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Intel-wireless-AC-9560-stops-working/td-p/1222191
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Hi, did the uninstall and reinstall of the driver still no luck and the problem still persist.

I even did a system restore to the point when it was working but after the system restore the problem is still there.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try by doing a cleanup of your Intel WiFi/Bluetooth Drivers and installing the latest Intel WiFi/Bluetooth Drivers for your notebook :

- If you have Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth in your programs, uninstall them and restart your PC.
- Install your drivers from this thread by following Instal/Update Process. You need these drivers packages for your notebook :

- Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

- Intel Bluetooth Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers - 8xxx/9xxx/AX2xx

If the issue persists, as previously indicated by xeromist, open a ticket with ASUS Support.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try by doing a cleanup of your Intel WiFi/Bluetooth Drivers and installing the latest Intel WiFi/Bluetooth Drivers for your notebook :

- If you have Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and/or Intel Wireless Bluetooth in your programs, uninstall them and restart your PC.
- Launch Driver Store Explorer
- Check the boxes of all versions of netwtw04.inf | netwtw06.inf | netwtw08.inf | ibtusb.inf drivers (if you find them)
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC
- Install your drivers from this thread by following Instal/Update Process. You need these drivers packages for your notebook :

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx

If the issue persists, as previously indicated by xeromist, open a ticket with ASUS Support.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

- Launch Driver Store Explorer
- Check the boxes of all versions of netwtw04.inf | netwtw06.inf | netwtw08.inf | ibtusb.inf drivers (if you find them)
- Check the box "Force Deletion" then click on the "Delete Driver" button then restart your PC

Drivers - 9xxx/AX2xx