cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[help] Asus GL503VM Strix (HERO) USB frequent reconnection problem

calvin_evird
Level 7
Hi all, I just bought an ASUS ROG Strix GL503VM about 1 week ago and I really like the form factor and size, the fan can get a little loud sometimes, but expected for the size.

The problem I have though is that my USB harddrive disconnects then reconnects often, it typically happens when watching something off it and is quite random (say 30 to 60 minutes in). I can't tell if its affecting any other USB devices since it happens so quickly, but for watching media it means a complete disconnect meaning I have to reopen it again every time.

I've switched off "USB Selective suspend settings" in the power options,
Also switched off "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" for both the USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) and the intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller.

Microsoft seems to be up to date with latest, as well as ASUS running the Asus live update.

I can't think of anything that would be doing it, I've used the exact same harddrive on my other laptop (asus g75vx) and I've never had any problems with it, same as other devices. Only other thing I can think of, is maybe has something to do with the Asus USB Charger +.

If it helps my external harddrive is a USB (3.0 I think) unpowered (no adapter)

Thank you anyone for your advice!
0 REPLIES 0