cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

guys which is more stable and has fewer flaws? G73sw or G74sx ? Heeeelp!

Retired
Not applicable
hi guys im really excited to get one of this rigs but im thinking twice if i'll go for the G74sx because of the issues/problems owners post online.. and at the same time im not that of a fan of the G73sw because it has lower specs than the G74sx.. some told me to get the alienware M17x or MSI 780R, but I love the ROG more.. and seriously i dont want to choose other brands because of the flaws/issues that ROG is having.. 😞

ROG ftw!

thanks
12 REPLIES 12

The GTX 460m and the GTX 560m is exactly the same specs, just that the GTX560m runs at higher frequncy resulting in an average 10% increase, but The GTX 460m (fermi) has higher Temperature treshhold (105c and still stable for the GTX 460m according to nVidia and 100c limit for GTX560m) hotter...unless you get a G53sx thats configured for 128-bit...
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Ransom
Level 7
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the G74 is completely smooth on the bottom, and the G73 is not. For me, this is a big factor. The G73 has intake vents on the bottom, while the G74 does not. Because of this, I don't ever have to worry about blocking a cooling vent on my G74 while it sits on my lap or on my bed or on the couch. It is completely smooth and there are no vents. For me this is a HUGE plus in getting the G74 over ANY other laptop.

Ransom

Chastity
Level 10
Correct, the air intakes on the G74 is under the lip of the lcd panel. Just don't let any comforters block the rear exhaust, and you should be fine.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]