cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW - playing almost any game is unbareable. please read...

whatcorey
Level 7
okay so, first let me post my rig info
Asus ROGL752VW
16 gigs of ram
intel i7 processor with intel graphics card
Nvidia geforce gtx 960M 4gb vram
windows 10 home

Playing any game is basically impossible because i play old games like counter strike 1.6, call of duty, day of defeat, and even some new games. The main problem games are oblivion, counter strike 1.6 , condition zero, and source. (global offensive works fine) So whenever i start a game, i make sure vsync is on, then after about 30 seconds, i get a diagonal line going through the screen from the top left corner to the top right corner. It goes away when i turn vsync off though in game, however i get a one second freeze while an enemy appears or is doing something. its hard to explain, its like game hiccups, or stuttering, or even frame skipping. To put it in easier words, when patrolling a map, i walk, stop and freeze for one second, then keep going. it happens non stop all game making it unbearable to play, it happens in oblivion every single time an enemy shows up. I've sent this laptop in 3 times now, the next time i send one in they will maybe replace it. I just want there to be a fix for this, because if not then my warranty will replace me for another one. I've tried reformatting, updating all graphics cards drivers, and installing all updates, however nothing works. If there anyone that can help me with this, please let me know. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Armesis
Level 10
Yes, most rog laptops have this problem. It is very bad with some games, but almost non existent with others. Ive searched for the solution for this but came up empty, so far im living with it. Better post again on this link - https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?60-G-Series-Gaming-Notebooks

These rog laptops have non stop issues, worst laptop/pc ive owned/built since the 90s.

Indeed, for one searching gaming laptops, this ROG line surely fails short.

No more ASUS I guess. Try MSI instead, or even Alienware... atleast they have some sort of support and/or community and don't just reply "oh sorry, we don't provide support for that"

i know. i guess i cant play any old games.

Bill
Level 7
Hello whatcorey
I've informed your concern to our related personnel
I'll get back to you once I have more information, thank you