cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752V won't start

Icemixxy
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I tried searching, and found a similar issue, but not quite like this.
So this is about a 6 months old GL752V.
Last night I watched a movie on it and shut it down, left it plugged in and had my phone attached to an USB port also to charge.
This morning when waking up, it seemed weird that the green light is gone, which indicates the charged state. Pressed power button, nothing, disconnected / reconnected the charger, nothing. I tried keeping the power button pressed for 5 minutes, still nothing. Unfortunately, I still have 18 months of warranty on it and wouldn't take it apart to take out the built-in battery, but I would also like to avoid getting it scratched/ screen broken etc by the "authorized" warranty service (not asus service) in my country.
Is there any other thing I can do myself, without losing my warranty?

Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5

Tom2
Level 7
Greetings!

Are you talking about the green light on your power adapter brick? Try taking your unit and charger to a repair shop like Geek Squad so they can try theirs out along the outlet. That way you don't have to buy power adapter and return it. = ) They are cool guys they will help you! Try that out and let us know the status!

Icemixxy
Level 7
Hi Tom!

No, the power adapter brick doesn't have a green light on it. I am talking about the green light on the laptop that shows charging. It's as if the whole power circuit is gone. I tried looking for a power reset button of some sorts, which I could press with a needle, but nothing. It's been 3 days now, and I tried leaving the laptop alone for more than 12 hours, in hope of it coming to it's senses, tried leaving it plugged in over the night, but nothing. Dead as a laptop can be. Right now I'm trying to get hold of Asus in Hungary, if they do warranty work for laptops bought in Romania, because as I said, even the couriers don't handle them with care. I'm talking from personal experience, having worked at an online retailer.

I see, Try letting it drain completely and then holding down the power button for 30 seconds without the power adapter plugged in. but yea let us know if you how it works out!

Icemixxy
Level 7
Good news! So after 4 days of waiting for it to come back from the dead, we took it to a certified asus service and it turned on on the first try with 0% battery (imagine the expression on my face of joy mixed with shame).
Their explanation was that the laptop got a power surge and got bricked. It was consuming power these past days it seems in this dead state, it was at 100% battery on the night before this happened and was plugged in. So basically it wasn't working, but it was consuming power, and it took the laptop like 4 days to completely discharge.
Would have been solved easily if we could've taken the battery out, but it's incorporated so it's a no-no.
In the end, it's been 2 days now, battery is holding it's power, 9% wear after 6 months (they tested it at the service) and it seems to be working fine.
Thank you for the help! You can mark the thread as solved:D

Icemixxy wrote:
Good news! So after 4 days of waiting for it to come back from the dead, we took it to a certified asus service and it turned on on the first try with 0% battery (imagine the expression on my face of joy mixed with shame).
Their explanation was that the laptop got a power surge and got bricked. It was consuming power these past days it seems in this dead state, it was at 100% battery on the night before this happened and was plugged in. So basically it wasn't working, but it was consuming power, and it took the laptop like 4 days to completely discharge.
Would have been solved easily if we could've taken the battery out, but it's incorporated so it's a no-no.
In the end, it's been 2 days now, battery is holding it's power, 9% wear after 6 months (they tested it at the service) and it seems to be working fine.
Thank you for the help! You can mark the thread as solved:D

I'm glad you got it solved!
See, this is one of the reasons I'd rather have a removable battery on my laptop!