I recently attempted to repaste the stock thermal paste to try and lower some thermal temps when gaming. When I went to disconnect the power connector from the battery to the board, when the metal retainer (Green in pic) popped off the connector, and landed just above (Blue in pic), ontop of some soldered points. I was able to reattach it to the connector and then proceded with the repasting. After all was done, and battery reconnected, I went to power on laptop and It would not power on. Whether on battery or plugged it, it doesn't power on and no lights indicate ac plug is attached. Attempted some trouble shooting by switching ram to a known good one, removing 2.5" hdd, and trying to run laptop just on ac power with battery disconnected. Nothing seems to help. At this point, I've been able to get the ac light to come on with 2.5" hdd and battery disconnected, with ram in place. However once the power button is pressed, the rgb lights will come on for a second then go out and still does not power on. Is it possible something shorted out by the retainer contacting some of those solder points? What other things can I try to troubleshoot? Or am I out of luck and probably fried the Mobo? It's running windows 10 on bios 308, 2tb hdd, 512 ssd nvme, and 32gb ram. Please, any help is appreciated. Thanks.