cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL704GW Keyboard stop working. ASUS number pad driver prob after Windows 1903 update

Rocket_Six
Level 8
Hello, I saw diferent people having the same issue with past updates of Windows. I have a GL704GW and I alredy tried to:

-Go to device manager and right click on keyboard, press "update driver". Choose search drivers on this pc and then press choose from already installed drivers. There must be HID Keyboard Device, choose it instead of ASUS NUMPAD as on the post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101771-gl502vmk-keyboard-stop-working-after-Windows-10-upd...

-Delete all the HID devices on the keyboard section on device manager and let windows to do a fresh install

-Update all what I can from Armory Crate.

-Force the install of the ASUS number pad drivers 12.0.0.12 and 12.1.0.23

My partial conclusions are:

-ASUS number pad drivers 12.1.0.23 are not compatible with some things on the Windows 1903 update

-There is no official updated number pad drivers from Asus

-Obviously there's something I'm missing

Have you found a different option to deal with this problem?
thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

TimeLion724
Level 8
Have you tried installing the latest ASUS Keyboard hotkeys Driver (Version 2.0.5.0)?

Download:
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL704GW/HelpDesk_Download/
" The speed of the fallen one does not change..."

GUIDE TO FIXING BSOD ERRORS

That was the fist page I saw to try to fix this. On that page I see VGA, BIOS, AUDIO, LAN, TouchPad, Others (Intel Rapid Storage), Wireless, Chipset, BlueTooth, and the ArmouryCrate hotfix.

There is no ASUS Keyboard hotkeys Driver entry, do you know where I can download that driver to check? I'll keep searching for it, thx!

UPDATE: I have the keyboard working right now but is in conflict with something of windows, when I restart it doesn't back on, if I suspend the notebook works just fine. If I'm using the a external keyboard a long time the keyboard starts working again randomly. I checked the flex and the connection it's ok.

Rocket_Six wrote:
That was the fist page I saw to try to fix this. On that page I see VGA, BIOS, AUDIO, LAN, TouchPad, Others (Intel Rapid Storage), Wireless, Chipset, BlueTooth, and the ArmouryCrate hotfix.

There is no ASUS Keyboard hotkeys Driver entry, do you know where I can download that driver to check? I'll keep searching for it, thx!

UPDATE: I have the keyboard working right now but is in conflict with something of windows, when I restart it doesn't back on, if I suspend the notebook works just fine. If I'm using the a external keyboard a long time the keyboard starts working again randomly. I checked the flex and the connection it's ok.

Perhaps you have a different issue. I have ROG G752VSK and each and every Win 10 feature update breaks my keyboard (as it did today for 1903, glad I keep a keyboard on hand). This solution works for me every time. Edited slightly from your first post.

Go to device manager expand keyboards, right click ASUS NUMPAD press "update driver". Choose browse my computer, then let me pick from a list. Chose the HID Keyboard Device.

Many thanks to TimeLion724 and bigoldbrat for your responses, I already tried that, but when I try to updated to change the driver manually to the HID Keyboard Device I see no change, also I see the Asus Numpad devices are hidden, so I need to check "See hidden devices" to see the items. I'll keep searching for a new driver or other option to try. Thanks!

TimeLion724 wrote:
Have you tried installing the latest ASUS Keyboard hotkeys Driver (Version 2.0.5.0)?

Download:
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL704GW/HelpDesk_Download/

Hello,

I have a Asus ROG Strix GL502VM.

I had the same problem three times so far. After a long search for an answer online and failed i started to experiment.

So, what I did was:
1) control panel;
2) device manager;
3) right click on asus number pad (with exclamation point) - update driver;
4) search software on computer;
5) allow choose from list on my computer;
6) choose HID keyboard device;

The asus number pad disapers and the keyboard starts working perfectly. I don't know if it will work to all asus ROG, but mine has allways worked so far.

This damm updates from windows apparently are not 100% compatibles with Asus. Every single time that windows 10 as a more complex update my keyboard stops working. It's very annoyin at least. But with this procedure it allways starts working fine again.

Hope this helps :).

Regards
BlueDragon

Hey, I know its been years but I am just putting this here for people who run into same issue , I have downloaded the update called ROG KB FW Update Tool v1.0.8 and it fixed the issue for now. If any updates ill let you know. Hope this helps.