cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gl704gv temps

Angada
Level 7
I was playing borderlands 2 on nvidia's recommended settings and noticed that my temps( according to msi afterburner and armoury crate) were sitting at 90-97 and idk what I could do to reduce my temperatures since I want this laptop to last me a couple of years. my room temperature is 24 degrees most of the time. I was thinking about getting a cooling pad but idk which one would work with my laptop. gonna try overwatch soon and will see how my temps look in it. Ive already changed my processor maximum state to 90% on all profiles. if there's anything else I could do to reduce temperatures please let me know.
1 REPLY 1

KorosuKivy
Level 10
Angada wrote:
I was playing borderlands 2 on nvidia's recommended settings and noticed that my temps( according to msi afterburner and armoury crate) were sitting at 90-97 and idk what I could do to reduce my temperatures since I want this laptop to last me a couple of years. my room temperature is 24 degrees most of the time. I was thinking about getting a cooling pad but idk which one would work with my laptop. gonna try overwatch soon and will see how my temps look in it. Ive already changed my processor maximum state to 90% on all profiles. if there's anything else I could do to reduce temperatures please let me know.

Cooling pad I went for https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P04WEDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As long as the GPU isn't cooking away at 90C your generally ok. Keep in mind that after a month or so unless your living in a sterile room your gonna have to deal with dust to a little TLC around vents and check the fans to make sure there is nothing caked on them