cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL704GV adding ram +2.5" drive

Angada
Level 7
So the warranty on my gl704gv is finally over and I decided that I should finally add another 16gb stick of ram and a 2.5" drive. The only thing is that idk what stick of ram to add or what kind of 2.5" drive I should add. What do you recommend for ram and should I get a hdd, sshd or an ssd to add to my laptop? I mostly need the new drive for storage.
1 REPLY 1

Jimmeh
Level 7
Angada wrote:
So the warranty on my gl704gv is finally over and I decided that I should finally add another 16gb stick of ram and a 2.5" drive. The only thing is that idk what stick of ram to add or what kind of 2.5" drive I should add. What do you recommend for ram and should I get a hdd, sshd or an ssd to add to my laptop? I mostly need the new drive for storage.

I have upgraded my ram, I just used a 2666mhz sodimm crucial 16gb stick
I am currently upgrading my hdd, but mu gl704gw never came with a hdd cable. So I've just purchased a cable online (no an official asus one as it was about $100 aud to my door)
as for hdd sshd or ssd, depends on your budget
I'm opting for a sshd seagate firecuda 2 tb drive.
just waiting on the cable so i can test it on an old 2.5 to make sure it works before buying a hdd

Just make sure you have all the parts you need if you do go ahead with a new drive